Unable to delete any files from Android through SMB

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I use a program called Autosync to sync specific folders, local backups and such from my Android phone. It works to create new files but It always gives me a permission denied error when trying to delete files.

I created a user named bsingh with read/write permissions and use that as the SMB login. the permissions for my share is 777 (read write execute)

ls -la on the share shows

ls -la /mnt/user/
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  45 Aug 26 13:55 ./
drwxr-xr-x 7 root   root  140 Nov 15 12:10 ../
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  26 Aug 26 13:55 Docker/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 168 Nov 16 15:53 appdata/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Aug 26 12:34 domains/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  42 Nov 18 15:44 files/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   6 Aug 26 12:34 isos/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  26 Aug 26 12:34 system/

I'm not sure how to fix this so that I can delete files from SMB. Right now I have it syncing using FTP but that's a lot slower.

On 11/20/2022 at 9:42 AM, JorgeB said:

It appears to be a Samba issue, problem started after Unraid updated Samba to 4.7.x, note that the files should still be deleted despite the error, though program might abort after deleting the first one due to the error.

Thank you. Looking back this error started happening after updating Unraid so this may be right. And yeah it only affects android. I might try switching to NFS for now

• 4 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 1:42 AM, JorgeB said:

It appears to be a Samba issue, problem started after Unraid updated Samba to 4.7.x, note that the files should still be deleted despite the error, though program might abort after deleting the first one due to the error.

From https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15247:

Sorry. It looks like your vendor has messed up the port of 4.17 (especially as smbd is crashing). You'll have to contact them directly. If you can reproduce with a "stock" Samba 4.17 then I'll take a look again but in the meantime I'm going to have to close this.

Looks like maybe this is isolated to unraid.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...