Flash got corrupted when trying to update

makin

Hi guys, 

I was just trying to update Unraid and during the update I received the message that my flash is either corrupted or offline. 

I attached the diagnostics file as I was told in the error message. The main dashboard is also cluttered with error messages like:

Warning: file_put_contents(/boot/config/plugins/parity.check.tuning/parity.check.tuning.manual): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in 

or

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/docker.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 52

Warning: array_replace_recursive(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, bool given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 52

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/domain.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/include/libvirt_helpers.php on line 507

Not sure what to do know... All my dockers seem to be online but the Docker tab disappeared from the Unraid menu. 

When trying to backup my flash drive I am forwareded to a "NOT FOUND" site. 

SSH'ing on the server, I receive the following for the boot folder...

boot# ls -al
total 32
drwx------ 10 root root 32768 Jan  1  1970 ./
drwxr-xr-x 20 root root   440 Nov 20 14:40 ../

gravity-diagnostics-20221120-1440.zip

Edited by makin

All those messages show that the flash drive is no longer online (it is normally mounted at /boot).   

it is possible that rebooting might solve the issue.   Alternatively it could be that the flash drive is failing and will need recreating.   Do you have a backup of the flash drive (in particular the ‘config’ folder from the drive)?

Hi itimpi,

thanks for answering. Unfortunately my last backup is from before changing slots of the disks so I do not have a backup. Did not make it to activate MyServers which I always wanted for exactly that reason...

I thought that the CA Backup app would backup the flash but it did not... :/ 

Just now, makin said:

I thought that the CA Backup app would backup the flash but it did not

It should have if you set it to do so (the default is to not backup the flash).

at this point the first thing to do will be to put the flash drive into a PC/Mac to see if you can read it there.   The ‘config’ folder is what contains all your settings.

if unable to read the flash drive then you may find this section of the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page useful to at least get your disk settings back.

6 minutes ago, makin said:

Can you tell me which settings I will lose? How about VMs, Dockers etc.?

It all depends on what (if anything) you can read off the existing flash.

In the worst case you will not lose any data but may have to reconfigure settings.  If you cannot get the config folder off the flash then VM/Dockers will still have their underlying files present but may need reconfiguring their settings to get them to work again.

I always recommend making an offline backup of the flash drive after any major configuration change by clicking on the flash/boot drive on the Main tab and selecting the backup option from there.

Hi again, 

I finally took the time to restart the server and the flash seems to be fine so everything got back to normal. However, when tried to update again, it happened the way before...

plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

After restarting the flash could be backed up flawlessly and now... well... here I am again. :/