How to edit docker-compose.yml inside docker vDisk

gyto6
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

Hi everyone,

I've some trouble with one container. I need to pass a variable in it, but this same variable is already set in the docker-compose.yml container's file, so I have to edit the variable at the source.

The problem is that I'm using the Docker vDisk file, and due to all these docker layers, I'd like to know what could be the best way to edit this file.

I'm not experienced enough with docker, and maybe that using vDisk might lead me to a dead end, but i've still a lot of interess to any explanation.

Thank you!

• Solution
Just now, gyto6 said:

I've some trouble with one container. I need to pass a variable in it, but this same variable is already set in the docker-compose.yml container's file, so I have to edit the variable at the source.

Probably need more detail but any variable should be set in the docker-compose file, no point trying to set it somewhere else as it would be overridden anyway. Docker image is unrelated.

Edited by Kilrah
2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Probably need more detail but any variable should be set in the docker-compose file, no point trying to set it somewhere else as it would be overridden anyway. Docker image is unrelated.

Well, I agree with you. I'll get in touch with the container developper to get a clue on why I can't get the variable as usual on Unraid.