Unraid OS version 6.11.5 available

limetech

19 hours ago, Hoopster said:

1) Kingston MobileLite G2 (USB 2.0) card reader with the license/config on an SD card and the syslog on the Micro SD card - 11 years in use

2) Kingston MobileLite G3 (USB 3.0) card reader with the license/config on an SD card and the syslog on the Micro SD card - 5 years in use

Needs to be noted here before people go out and buy card readers is that those two readers were extremely rare in the fact that they did return unique GUIDs that were suitable for use.

99.99% of card readers are not suitable and do not return proper GUIDs and cannot be used.

FWIW, my flash drives (all 10+ years old) have all outlasted all other component in the servers.

• Like 3

I've had so many issues on 6.11.x. edit: I admit, I skipped all of 6.10, so the issues may have started there. I can test that if necessary.

I thought they were hardware problems at first. Ran memtest on each of my 4 modules, all passed.

Bought a new NVME drive, since I was seeing some odd errors, rebuilt cache pool completely, still have issues.

Moved one NVME drive to an external enclosure over USB-C, rebuilt btrfs since the drive "changed," still have issues.

Rebuilt docker.img since it had a back block (or something?) that scrubbing couldn't fix. Still have issues.

My unassigned USB 3.0 RAID0 drive that I access over SMB has had performance dropping to 0KB/s, and doesn't work at all now.

SMB in general has been crashing and fails to mount on my Windows machine.

Randomly, after a few hours (or even minutes at times), Unraid just crawls to a halt and the web interface is unresponsive.

I'm reverting to 6.9.2 which is my oldest flash backup now, will report back if I have the same

issues.sagiri-diagnostics-20221219-1447.zipsagiri-diagnostics-20221219-1935.zip

edit2:

Back on 6.9.2, no errors in my log unlike 6.11. SMB speeds for a mounted vhdx on my USB drive array are back to normal, 2.5Gbps+.

image.thumb.png.8c4bdf8058f9204fc79c0405d9016da7.png

Over two hours now, no errors in my log. This is a new record lately.. Something doesn't like my hardware on the newer versions.

Edited by lostsoulfly
Dec 19 14:15:19 Sagiri kernel: Workqueue: events macvlan_process_broadcast [macvlan]

You've got docker containers assigned a specific IP address.  A limited subset of users have issues with this when using the macvlan driver.  Use instead the ipvlan driver (Settings - Docker with the service stopped) and the crashing should go away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 12/20/2022 at 6:35 AM, Squid said:
Dec 19 14:15:19 Sagiri kernel: Workqueue: events macvlan_process_broadcast [macvlan]

You've got docker containers assigned a specific IP address.  A limited subset of users have issues with this when using the macvlan driver.  Use instead the ipvlan driver (Settings - Docker with the service stopped) and the crashing should go away.

Almost three days stable now, you're a Godsend my friend.

Upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.11.5, having attempted several times with everything inbetween and had issues only resolved by reverting back to 6.9.2.

6.11.5 now seems to be fine, upgrading my Dell T320, however a strange issue with my Pool Devices has presented itself.

They all seem to have duplicated; one version showing "not installed" the other looking normal with the disk identified etc.

Everything seems to be operating fine, it just triggers my OCD to have the "not installed" devices showing.

What should I be doing to clean things up? Any suggestions welcomed...

Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 21.06.23.png

On 12/15/2022 at 4:41 PM, horridwilting said:

Hardware info (as it is always nice to see people posting good or bad things that have the same or similar hardware to me when I'm browsing!)

-MOBO: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI , Version Rev 1.xx
American Megatrends Inc., Version 1003

-CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5965WX

You have no idea how helpful this was to me.  You are a lifesaver.  I have what I now know is a bad board - I was 60% sure and this post made me 100% sure.  It wouldn't boot with any GPUs in (at all) and was doing some really weird stuff otherwise.  I've previously tested the GPUs in other systems, and the RAM came from a functioning Unraid server. The BMC won't respond either. I took all the GPUs out, and it'd boot into Unraid, but no SATA devices showed up and one of the NVMe drives mounted on the board didn't show up either.  But somehow the SATA controllers did?  Your post confirms that my motherboard is just hosed and not somehow incompatible with Unraid, as you have the exact board and processor I have on the same BIOS revision. 

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! 🥰

• Like 1

I can't get GPU passthrough to work anymore since 6.10 release started. Same with 6.11.5

Same for my Win10 and LibreELEC VMs.

I already tried and am running out of options now:

- removing GPU Bios, use dumped GPU Bios, use default GPU Bios

- tried with and without multifunction device

- add 'video=efifb:off' to the append of my syslinux config

- tried allowing unsafe interrupts

- tried different Q35 versions

- creating new vm from scratch

As soon as I revert back to 6.9.2 its working again.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?

I'm using here:

- ASRock H570M-ITX

- Core i5-11400

- Geforce GT1030

I also can't find anything in the log when booting the VM. The screen just stays black:

-device '{"driver":"pcie-root-port","port":13,"chassis":6,"id":"pci.6","bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x1.0x5"}' \
-device '{"driver":"pcie-pci-bridge","id":"pci.7","bus":"pci.1","addr":"0x0"}' \
-device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-ehci1","id":"usb","bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x7.0x7"}' \
-device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-uhci1","masterbus":"usb.0","firstport":0,"bus":"pcie.0","multifunction":true,"addr":"0x7"}' \
-device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-uhci2","masterbus":"usb.0","firstport":2,"bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x7.0x1"}' \
-device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-uhci3","masterbus":"usb.0","firstport":4,"bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x7.0x2"}' \
-device '{"driver":"virtio-serial-pci","id":"virtio-serial0","bus":"pci.2","addr":"0x0"}' \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/domains/LibreELEC/vdisk1.img","node-name":"libvirt-1-storage","cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-1-format","read-only":false,"cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-1-storage"}' \
-device '{"driver":"ide-hd","bus":"ide.2","drive":"libvirt-1-format","id":"sata0-0-2","bootindex":1,"write-cache":"on"}' \
-netdev tap,fd=35,vhost=on,vhostfd=38,id=hostnet0 \
-device '{"driver":"virtio-net-pci","netdev":"hostnet0","id":"net0","mac":"52:54:00:62:57:ff","bus":"pci.3","addr":"0x0"}' \
-chardev pty,id=charserial0 \
-device '{"driver":"isa-serial","chardev":"charserial0","id":"serial0","index":0}' \
-chardev socket,id=charchannel0,fd=33,server=on,wait=off \
-device '{"driver":"virtserialport","bus":"virtio-serial0.0","nr":1,"chardev":"charchannel0","id":"channel0","name":"org.qemu.guest_agent.0"}' \
-device '{"driver":"usb-tablet","id":"input0","bus":"usb.0","port":"3"}' \
-audiodev '{"id":"audio1","driver":"none"}' \
-device '{"driver":"vfio-pci","host":"0000:01:00.0","id":"hostdev0","bus":"pci.4","multifunction":true,"addr":"0x0","romfile":"/mnt/user/appdata/vbios/Asus.GT1030.2048.170418_fixed.rom"}' \
-device '{"driver":"vfio-pci","host":"0000:01:00.1","id":"hostdev1","bus":"pci.4","addr":"0x0.0x1"}' \
-device '{"driver":"usb-host","hostdevice":"/dev/bus/usb/001/004","id":"hostdev2","bus":"usb.0","port":"1"}' \
-device '{"driver":"usb-host","hostdevice":"/dev/bus/usb/001/003","id":"hostdev3","bus":"usb.0","port":"2"}' \
-sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=deny,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny \
-msg timestamp=on
char device redirected to /dev/pts/0 (label charserial0)
2022-12-21T15:25:05.542700Z qemu-system-x86_64: terminating on signal 15 from pid 6205 (/usr/sbin/libvirtd)
2022-12-21 15:25:06.343+0000: shutting down, reason=destroyed
2022-12-21 15:29:07.603+0000: starting up libvirt version: 8.7.0, qemu version: 7.1.0, kernel: 5.19.17-Unraid, hostname: unMINI
LC_ALL=C \
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin \
HOME=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-7-LibreELEC \
XDG_DATA_HOME=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-7-LibreELEC/.local/share \
XDG_CACHE_HOME=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-7-LibreELEC/.cache \
XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-7-LibreELEC/.config \
/usr/local/sbin/qemu \
-name guest=LibreELEC,debug-threads=on \
-S \
-object '{"qom-type":"secret","id":"masterKey0","format":"raw","file":"/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-7-LibreELEC/master-key.aes"}' \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd","node-name":"libvirt-pflash0-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-pflash0-format","read-only":true,"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-pflash0-storage"}' \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/ecfaef4e-c728-75d2-1c61-f5176f256b5c_VARS-pure-efi.fd","node-name":"libvirt-pflash1-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-pflash1-format","read-only":false,"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-pflash1-storage"}' \
-machine pc-q35-7.1,usb=off,dump-guest-core=off,mem-merge=off,memory-backend=pc.ram,pflash0=libvirt-pflash0-format,pflash1=libvirt-pflash1-format \
-accel kvm \
-cpu host,migratable=on,host-cache-info=on,l3-cache=off \
-m 8192 \
-object '{"qom-type":"memory-backend-ram","id":"pc.ram","size":8589934592}' \
-overcommit mem-lock=off \
-smp 8,sockets=1,dies=1,cores=4,threads=2 \
-uuid ecfaef4e-c728-75d2-1c61-f5176f256b5c \
-display none \
-no-user-config \
-nodefaults \
-chardev socket,id=charmonitor,fd=35,server=on,wait=off \
-mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control \
-rtc base=utc,driftfix=slew \
-global kvm-pit.lost_tick_policy=delay \
-no-hpet \
-no-shutdown \
-boot strict=on \
-device '{"driver":"pcie-root-port","port":8,"chassis":1,"id":"pci.1","bus":"pcie.0","multifunction":true,"addr":"0x1"}' \
-device '{"driver":"pcie-root-port","port":9,"chassis":2,"id":"pci.2","bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x1.0x1"}' \
-device '{"driver":"pcie-root-port","port":10,"chassis":3,"id":"pci.3","bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x1.0x2"}' \
-device '{"driver":"pcie-root-port","port":11,"chassis":4,"id":"pci.4","bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x1.0x3"}' \
-device '{"driver":"pcie-root-port","port":12,"chassis":5,"id":"pci.5","bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x1.0x4"}' \
-device '{"driver":"pcie-root-port","port":13,"chassis":6,"id":"pci.6","bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x1.0x5"}' \
-device '{"driver":"pcie-pci-bridge","id":"pci.7","bus":"pci.1","addr":"0x0"}' \
-device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-ehci1","id":"usb","bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x7.0x7"}' \
-device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-uhci1","masterbus":"usb.0","firstport":0,"bus":"pcie.0","multifunction":true,"addr":"0x7"}' \
-device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-uhci2","masterbus":"usb.0","firstport":2,"bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x7.0x1"}' \
-device '{"driver":"ich9-usb-uhci3","masterbus":"usb.0","firstport":4,"bus":"pcie.0","addr":"0x7.0x2"}' \
-device '{"driver":"virtio-serial-pci","id":"virtio-serial0","bus":"pci.2","addr":"0x0"}' \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/domains/LibreELEC/vdisk1.img","node-name":"libvirt-1-storage","cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-1-format","read-only":false,"cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-1-storage"}' \
-device '{"driver":"ide-hd","bus":"ide.2","drive":"libvirt-1-format","id":"sata0-0-2","bootindex":1,"write-cache":"on"}' \
-netdev tap,fd=36,vhost=on,vhostfd=38,id=hostnet0 \
-device '{"driver":"virtio-net-pci","netdev":"hostnet0","id":"net0","mac":"52:54:00:62:57:ff","bus":"pci.3","addr":"0x0"}' \
-chardev pty,id=charserial0 \
-device '{"driver":"isa-serial","chardev":"charserial0","id":"serial0","index":0}' \
-chardev socket,id=charchannel0,fd=34,server=on,wait=off \
-device '{"driver":"virtserialport","bus":"virtio-serial0.0","nr":1,"chardev":"charchannel0","id":"channel0","name":"org.qemu.guest_agent.0"}' \
-device '{"driver":"usb-tablet","id":"input0","bus":"usb.0","port":"3"}' \
-audiodev '{"id":"audio1","driver":"none"}' \
-device '{"driver":"vfio-pci","host":"0000:01:00.0","id":"hostdev0","bus":"pci.4","multifunction":true,"addr":"0x0","romfile":"/mnt/user/appdata/vbios/Asus.GT1030.2048.170418_fixed.rom"}' \
-device '{"driver":"vfio-pci","host":"0000:01:00.1","id":"hostdev1","bus":"pci.4","addr":"0x0.0x1"}' \
-device '{"driver":"usb-host","hostdevice":"/dev/bus/usb/001/004","id":"hostdev2","bus":"usb.0","port":"1"}' \
-device '{"driver":"usb-host","hostdevice":"/dev/bus/usb/001/003","id":"hostdev3","bus":"usb.0","port":"2"}' \
-sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=deny,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny \
-msg timestamp=on
char device redirected to /dev/pts/0 (label charserial0)

diagnostics-20221229-1122.zip

Edited by Marv
On 11/26/2022 at 2:34 PM, cybrnook said:

I want to add that in a pinch, I recently moved my install over from my AMD based hardware to an older 1151 socket based intel setup (kaby lake xeon on a supermicro board) and noticed hard freezes in unraid. Unraid wasn't crashing, hence no logs were generated, it was just freezing. I reverted down to 6.10.3 and the system has now been stable for 24 hours. Previously I was seeing freezing anywhere from during boot to maybe 5 minutes after boot, very erratic.

So, in short on AMD based hardware 6.11.x was operating without an issue for me. On Intel based hw the 6.11.x is seemingly freezing.

To follow this up, I ended up upgrading again to 6.11.5 using this Xeon E3-1275v6 and it crashed froze. I went into BIOS and disabled onboard gpu (i915) and that seems to have been the trick, even though I was not passing the device to anything for HW acceleration.

Edited by cybrnook
On 1/9/2023 at 2:51 PM, cybrnook said:

To follow this up, I ended up upgrading again to 6.11.5 using this Xeon E3-1275v6 and it crashed froze. I went into BIOS and disabled onboard gpu (i915) and that seems to have been the trick, even though I was not passing the device to anything for HW acceleration.

Very interesting.  I have a Supermicro X11SSH-TF with Xeon E3-1275v6, and when I try to upgrade from 6.10.3 (which is rock solid) to 6.11.5 it locks up hard almost immediately as well, if it even makes it through boot.  I've had issues where the system locks up hard when I try to use the iGPU to transcode, so I've stopped doing that until some magic version appears where it works, but the system is stable with 6.10.3 otherwise.  I may have to try disabling it in BIOS as well.  Not ideal. but may be the only way to run 6.11.x+ unless someone sorts it out.

Edited by DavejaVu
On 1/15/2023 at 6:26 PM, DavejaVu said:

Very interesting.  I have a Supermicro X11SSH-TF with Xeon E3-1275v6, and when I try to upgrade from 6.10.3 (which is rock solid) to 6.11.5 it locks up hard almost immediately as well, if it even makes it through boot.  I've had issues where the system locks up hard when I try to use the iGPU to transcode, so I've stopped doing that until some magic version appears where it works, but the system is stable with 6.10.3 otherwise.  I may have to try disabling it in BIOS as well.  Not ideal. but may be the only way to run 6.11.x+ unless someone sorts it out.

Sounds familiar. Maybe it's just the version of iGPU those older Xeon's had at the time that are being problematic. I read a few threads around the forum here that mention random freezing issues with iGPU, which is what turned me on to the idea. I noticed during boot a few messages about i915 that I have never seen before when the GPU was enabled, but chose to brush it off since I wasn't passing it through to any containers. Even so, my system would sporadically freeze, not crash, not really kernel panic but just freeze. It would take anywhere from 30 minutes to a day to two days maybe, but surely the freeze would come.

Went into BIOS and disabled the integrated GPU and all has been well since.

image.png

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have been waiting and postponing upgrading to 6.11.5, as I was facing the issue not detecting both NVME drives.

Mar  7 15:22:28 Vault103 kernel: nvme nvme1: globally duplicate IDs for nsid 1
Mar  7 15:22:28 Vault103 kernel: nvme nvme1: VID:DID 1d97:1d97 model:Lexar 1TB SSD firmware:V1.3

I am using 2 PCI-E adapters to mount this drives on the motherboard, maybe that is why it does not work.

from lspci -nn

05:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller [0108]: Shenzhen Longsys Electronics Co., Ltd. Device [1d97:1d97] (rev 01)

Both drives are detected with the same adapter on the 6.10.2

Please help.

vault103-diagnostics-20230307-1524_newrelese.zip

37 minutes ago, kaczman said:

I have been waiting and postponing upgrading to 6.11.5, as I was facing the issue not detecting both NVME drives.

This is a device problem, a quirk needs to be added, I've added to the list, it should be added for next release.

On 12/16/2022 at 12:57 PM, Squid said:

Needs to be noted here before people go out and buy card readers is that those two readers were extremely rare in the fact that they did return unique GUIDs that were suitable for use.

99.99% of card readers are not suitable and do not return proper GUIDs and cannot be used.

FWIW, my flash drives (all 10+ years old) have all outlasted all other component in the servers.

I buy the "best" usb sticks but they tend to last about a year for some reason. So a better solution is on my wish list.