Unraid OS version 6.11.5 available

limetech

1 hour ago, orlando500 said:

I buy the "best" usb sticks but they tend to last about a year for some reason. So a better solution is on my wish list.

I have to say this is unusual.  Do you use this drive for anything else other than booting your server?  Backup appdata, or have something writing logs to it?  It should be a mostly unused device (since I rebooted 6 days and 6 hours ago, I have 24k reads and 5k writes).

5 minutes ago, ConnerVT said:

I have to say this is unusual.  Do you use this drive for anything else other than booting your server?  Backup appdata, or have something writing logs to it?  It should be a mostly unused device (since I rebooted 6 days and 6 hours ago, I have 24k reads and 5k writes).

I have two servers and they have both been up approximately 32 Days.   

Writes      Reads

Server1        6172          949

Server2        4574          662

I suspect most of the write activity is the result of Plugin upgrades which have been fast and furious with the required updates for version 6.12.   

6 hours ago, orlando500 said:

I buy the "best" usb sticks but they tend to last about a year for some reason. So a better solution is on my wish list.

What is your definition of "best"?

In the context of Unraid, best typically means USB 2.0, physically large, all metal, low idle power draw, brand name sticks.

Very few drives that meet that criteria are still for sale unfortunately.

On 3/21/2023 at 2:43 AM, JonathanM said:

What is your definition of "best"?

In the context of Unraid, best typically means USB 2.0, physically large, all metal, low idle power draw, brand name sticks.

Very few drives that meet that criteria are still for sale unfortunately.

I try to buy sticks that are close to your description and also like "best in test" from like spaceinvader etc

• 4 weeks later...

I have been sitting out updating my Unraid since 6.9.2 mainly out of laziness and everything working fine for me, but I'm planning to get into its guts to remove my GPU as I do not need it running in there anymore and drawing power for no reason so I was thinking I might as well see about updating unraid itself while I am at it.
Nothing special, one cache SSD, 3 HDDs in the array, a bunch of dockers, most notable probably being Plex and Nextcloud.
Is there anything I should be watching out for when updating to 6.11.5?

• 4 weeks later...

I may have overlooked the instructions in the forums but where do I submit my diag zip? I encounted issues running VMs on latest RC so I had to roll back to stable. Here's a snapshot of the error I was experiencing:

2023-05-10T19:39:07.746549Z qemu-system-x86_64: VFIO_MAP_DMA failed: Invalid argument

Rolld back to stable and all is well in the world now. 

Edit. 

Disregard. I'm a fool. Got a local issue that may not be related to the RC. I have no shame though. I lost my self respect years ago in the meme wars.

Edited by darthkielbasa