[6.11.1] GPU Passthrough on a Mac running UNRAID?

fraannk

Hello everyone. 

I have acquired a second hand Mac Pro 6,1 (the trash can) for very cheap. I upgraded it to a 10-core/20 thread Xeon CPU and upped the RAM to 64 gigs, also for very cheap. I'm currently running UNRAID on it, and it works great. I run multiple VM's, docker containers and the built-in SMB file-share and the performance is very good for what I need, while still being in a small, good looking enclosure. 

I was wondering if I can pass-through one (or both) of the D500 GPU's that is inside this thing, to a VM? I've tried setting up a Win11 VM, bound to VFIO, allow for interrupts, and even tried the ACS override, but I cannot get an output. I've come so far that the drivers has been installed without any errors in device manager, but the Radeon software does not recognize the device. 

Is there anything else UNRAID related I need to set up? I've tried dumping the vbios with no success, and using one I found online does not work either. 

Thanks in advance!

• 9 months later...