Replacing a dying drive

DCWerick

Thanks jorgeB for the reply, 

Is the rebuild working to get Disk5 back on from being emulated? 

I'm just waiting for my Define 7 xl to arrive (i should have not put the drive in the enclosure and not added to the array) there is nothing in that drive. I only pre-cleared it and added to the array) then a day after disk3 went fubar. 

image.thumb.png.04d46237a8077f0af94beee320800afd.png

should i pre-clear this new drive or just just replace disk3 when it's done rebuilding?

image.thumb.png.51048e2fb907b4f163ffaf9ce79628ed.png 

Edited by DCWerick
1 hour ago, DCWerick said:

I only pre-cleared it and added to the array) then a day after disk3 went fubar.

Then why is it being rebuilt? Was it added as a new disk or used to upgrade a smaller disk?

Also note that when you remove it from the enclosure the name is going to change so Unraid will report it missing.

Disk 5 (new) added to the array (so there should be nothing on it). Disk 3 failed 2 days ago and  I shut it down until i just got the 12tb replacement today and when i boot the system up, tried to replace disk 3 but wont let me (due to many changes) that's why i posted here coz, i don't know what to do.

So when the rebuild is done. Disk 5 (should show as "green")? then i can replace disk3 with the WD 12tb? then after that, remove the disk from the enclosure then rebuild disk 5 (again?)

image.thumb.png.55e46c87f61bca3a9fabbcb8c0313988.png

its rebuilding now on disk 3. 

image.thumb.png.5955516865a7cf224f6409823fe62a0a.png

Not sure why disk5 was emulated. But when this disk3 is done. Still waiting for my new Case then i can remove it from the hdd enclosure.

I think i can breath now lolz!

will just keep this open until 100% rebuild is done. 

Thank you so much JorgeB!

• Like 1