Wireguard and Duck DNS

Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

OK - so have Wireguard working when I use my external IP (explicitly) in the configuration.

When I replace the IP with my duck DNS domain, it does not work.

I get the message to the side:

"Remark: The Local endpoint resolves to 31.53.XXX.XXX. In most cases, this should be your public WAN IPv4 instead: 109.153.XXX.XX"

Again - works fine if I use the 109.153.XXX.XX in the Wireguard setup. but not fine when I use mydomaninname.duckdns.org.

Ideas on what the issue might be? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 8:33 PM, JonathanM said:

What result do you get when you ping your duckdns name?

I thought you cracked it. A ping to duckdns was not returning so I deleted and added my duckdns back into the system and ping worked.

But now I cannot get either a hard coded IP or the duckdns domain to work.

One positive note is the error message "Remark: The Local endpoint resolves to 31.53.XXX.XXX. In most cases, this should be your public WAN IPv4 instead: 109.153.XXX.XX" is now gone.

Really stuck as I am positive I am doing things correctly. Any ideas on how to best debug? Thanks!

=======
UPDATE

=======

I now have it working. I deleted the exisiting tunnel and installed the "Wireguard Easy" docker and all works. Both with the naked IP and with my Duckdns domain name. Really not sure why I cannot get it to work directly.

Edited by TexasDave
Edit