Broken unraid server. Any migration docs?

dispake

Hello, I've got an Unraid server that I'm suspecting has a bad motherboard.  It turns on for a few seconds then shuts down.  Did some troubleshooting a while back and my best determination was that it was a mobo issue.  

With that in mind, is there a good doc / instructional somewhere that might address moving an existing Unraid server to new hardware?  I've seen some threads where people are doing this but thread usually revolves around an issue they're running into.  And often times diagnostics are requested from the prior/old server (which I won't have).  Any first step suggestions?

Does either your existing broken hardware or the new hardware use any RAID controllers? Are they in IR mode? Are you passing through any hardware to VM(s)?

If the answer to all of these questions is no, then there is no action needed. Simply move all your data and pool drives to the new hardware along with the boot USB drive and it should boot up seamlessly.