2 shares with identical settings, 1 is showing as protected, the other isn't

-C-
Go to solution Solved by Frank1940,

New user here (Hello!) who can't figure out why Films is showing as unprotected, while other shares with the same settings (e.g. TV Shows) is showing as protected. Any ideas?

image.png.a3859356fedcf0fc368a0410c1817258.png

image.png.e35b79099f8da9881c12ac13c17918e7.png

image.png.4af5d0c7a2b4708c095f04c6c4ed4239.png

Added bonus question: why is the preconfigured isos share showing as protected when it's set to use the cache with Yes : Cache? (I currently only have a single SSD as cache with no redundancy, awaiting my Black Friday NVMes to show up!)

Thanks

tower-diagnostics-20221125-2026.zip

The reason the Films share shows as unprotected is that it has files on the unprotected cache pool.   Note that with Use Cache=No those files will be ignored by mover.

the isos share shows as protected as it has no files on the cache.

Are you sure you understand how the Use Cache setting works?   The GUI contains extensive built in help. You can toggle it on/off at the individual field level by clicking on the text describing the field or at the whole page level by clicking on the ‘?’ icon at the top right.   There is more detail in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

Thanks-

While first setting things up, and before I moved any data onto Unraid, I changed the cache option on Films to No following reading some advice. I've read the cache options description but missed the part "any existing files for this share that are on the cache are left there." But I checked the SSD and it's showing there's nothing there:

image.png.e69367004546fbeced161cde2174e0ac.png

I guess it's counting the empty subdirectory as there being something stuck in the cache. What's the best way to resolve this? Turn caching onto Yes & invoke the mover?

Regarding the isos share showing as protected- I would say this is unintuitive and inaccurate- it's not protected, it's just that there are currently no files to protect. A grey dot with a hover description of something like 'currently no files' would make more sense. As it is now, it suggests that files copied onto it will be protected.