M.2 temp report buggy. Can I adjust some delay before reporting?

NLS

So I got a new M.2 to replace my previous cache and I noticed that from time to time it just (at idle) "spike" to exactly 84 degrees celcius.

But this happens briefly and then it is back to its real idle temp of around 36 degrees.

As a result, I get repeated pop-ups and even repeated email reports.

Now I can raise the warning level for this disk to be 85 degrees (as 85 is not-perfect-but-survivable for an IC) and be done with it, but is there any other way to resolve this?

Like not reporting anything unless it remains for a set time?

Help?

15 minutes ago, NLS said:

So I got a new M.2 to replace my previous cache and I noticed that from time to time it just (at idle) "spike" to exactly 84 degrees celcius.

But this happens briefly and then it is back to its real idle temp of around 36 degrees.

As a result, I get repeated pop-ups and even repeated email reports.

Now I can raise the warning level for this disk to be 85 degrees (as 85 is not-perfect-but-survivable for an IC) and be done with it, but is there any other way to resolve this?

Like not reporting anything unless it remains for a set time?

Help?

This is a known (believed to be firmware) issue with some models of Samsung SSDs.   It is a spurious warning in that the drive is not really anywhere near the temperature it is reporting.

15 minutes ago, itimpi said:

This is a known (believed to be firmware) issue with some models of Samsung SSDs.   It is a spurious warning in that the drive is not really anywhere near the temperature it is reporting.

Yes I know. Problem is how we fight it from within UNRAID.

A functionality to ignore brief spikes before reporting...

EDIT: Found this and will try the solution proposed...

Edited by NLS