Unraid crashes after array start on 6.11.x

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Any 6.11 version I have tried to update to has resulted in the same strange crashes happening within a couple minutes of the array being started. Downgrading to 6.10.3 completely fixes this error
I am currently running the system without starting the array to confirm it only happens when it is started, I'll update here if that changes. I've also attached my system diagnostics. I'm not entirely sure where I can get a log file in unraid so if that would help please let me know where to look

The usual sequence of events is as follows.

Unraid starts

Array starts
Everything appears normal, low cpu usage, docker containers all start as expected. everything is accessible where it should be accessible.

Crash, no warning, no error printed to the screen

press the power button again, lights come on, fan spins up. nothing else happens. No video out whatsoever, and no response to ping

force off the system. press the power, back to step 1

Any help at all would be appreciated

Edit: It's worth noting that this remains the same when docker and VMs are both disabled

jackdaw-diagnostics-20221126-1404.zip

Edited by RoryIsNotACabbage
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 10:09 AM, JorgeB said:

Try booting in safe mode to rule out any plugin issues but it could be a compatibility issue between your hardware and the newer kernel.

Apologies for taking so long to mark this solved, I was pre-clearing a drive and then I honestly just forgot for a while.

I've now run it a solid couple days in safe mode and it was good, so I removed every plugin (That really sucked) and it now runs fine unsafe. So now we slowly add things back and keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help on this

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...