cant access server after powercut

MeCubed
Go to solution Solved by MeCubed,

I had an unannounced power cut last night for 20 minutes. Since then, I cant reliably access the unraid GUI.

When I first boot up it was on the wrong IP address (192.168.1.107) so I went into settings and set a static IP address (192.168.1.102) which all my software and mapped drives are setup to work with.

Since then I havent been able to get into the server GUI. Sometimes the GUI comes up, but only for a second or two then shows the Unable To Connect error message. Mapped drives similarly work only long enough to open folders, and only sometimes, but usually windos 10 reports an an error while reconnecting to the mapped drive.

I have never worked with unraid or linux-based systems and have no idea how to go about getting my server back.

Edited by MeCubed
fix typo
  • Solution

I wasnt able to access the server long enough to run that.

But the problem seems to be solved-  it looks like it was a router /networking issue after the power cut. The router didnt come online properly, the DHCP server wasnt working properly and wasnt managing connection to the unraid server properly. It's weird that it only affected the unraid server.

But today the router was fully off, and after a reboot everything on the network and the unraid server seems to be okay. I'll keep an eye on it.