Really Nervous about moving UNraid to new hardware. Help and instruction appreciated!

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Almost 100% ready to get started but having worries about ruining things.

Going from a Dual Xeon SUpermicro x9drf board and supermicro 4u 24 bay case 

to an Fractal Define 7 XL with an Asus motherboard running an i9 12900k.

I have currently a 1tb ssd cache drive and 2 parity drives and 3 data drives (all 16tb)

In the new setup I have 1x2tb m.2 and 2x1tb m.2 and then the current rives once they get moved.

My goal is to have my UNraid setup remain as it is and then have my current windows 10 install as a vm.

I have seen a few things about running windows baremetal but loaded through a vm and it interests me as I could be rid of another machine running and taking electricity.

If anyone could give any advice or a list of what I should do for order of operations I would be grateful. 

*ETA
Running UNraid 6.11.5

Have fully licensed Windows 10

Have documented drive assignments

Would like to perhaps have a second pool with the 1tb m.2 drives. ?

Well, I moved everything over and it's mostly ok. I added the 2x1tb drives as a cache pool then restarted and ran ran parity. All is well and I have no idea why but the parity check that used to take literally 2.5 entire days to complete was finished in 22 hours. No idea why, but still, awesome. 👍

Having trouble getting unRAID to boot up from the USB even though everything is set in BIOS. Would plugging it in to a port on the I/O panel cause this as it is no longer running direct from the motherboard like it was? This board doesn't have an onboard USB like the old server board did. I did try running a pice to USB adapter but the BIOS never saw it so perhaps that adapter is faulty.

Should I nuke my old vms? I attempted to run one of my windows 10 VMs and it locked the system necessitating a hard power off. Not sure if there is a conflict happening but maybe I'm better off just starting over.

I look forward to your responses. 🙂

I also cant launch any of my dockers now. I recreated the docker and then added plex and that fails to work properly as well. It now opens where previously it just kept saying "Error something server error" so at least now it loads. just feeling more and more that this can i'm into is full of worms. Here are diags in case that can help anyone.

tower-diagnostics-20221201-0805.zip

Any chance I could get some insight from someone who understand this? I had a rock solid setup before migrating things tot he new case and hardware, I would like to be there again if possible. 

Sorry for being so needy. I am beyond frustrated.

I fried a motherboard and 64Gb of ECC RAM and the i7 proc in a literally new build because I accidentally grabbed power cables from the wrong box.

Used the Corsair cables instead of the SeaSonic as I should have and just wrecked the whole kit. -,- Then also had a 120mm Corsiar AIO shit the bed.

This has not been my day/

tower-diagnostics-20221205-0452.zip

Apologies for being unclear, Dockers work now but I attached a new Diag zip because installing VMs and trying to pass through hardware results in failure and a wall of unending error messages now.

Also I in no waay meant to infer that @Squid didn't understand or couldn't help :D ! I meant that I am the one not understanding. Hope this helps.

tower-syslog-20221205-1829.zip

Edited by LordShad0w