Current Recommendations to Prevent Buffering in Kodi?

newoski

So I've got my Spin Up Groups in place for my Movies and TV shares. Are there any other optimizations I should be putting in place to prevent Kodi from buffering when playing content from my server? I'm on a gigabit network. Throughput is very strong. I have cache settings on my Kodi device. 

Are there any settings to adjust pertaining to Mover and/or Parity Check?

Many controllers will pause all I/O streams if a drive has to spin up resulting in buffering.  Mover you should really only run at night when nobody would be watching any movies.  Parity checks, install the Parity Check Tuning plugin so that it also only runs at off hours and then resumes the next night until its complete

25 minutes ago, Squid said:

Many controllers will pause all I/O streams if a drive has to spin up resulting in buffering.  Mover you should really only run at night when nobody would be watching any movies.  Parity checks, install the Parity Check Tuning plugin so that it also only runs at off hours and then resumes the next night until its complete

Are you saying that controller induced buffering can't be avoided? Or is there a specific controller that doesn't have the problem? I looked at the controller recommendation thread, but didn't see mentions of this issue, so not sure if the recommended hardware fixes the problem or not

Edited by newoski