Hp ProLiant ML350p G8 build

quai0412

I bought this server hoping to move my unraid setup over to it.  Not knowing much about enterprise server setup, I see I am running into issues.  I am now aware of the raid controls on these servers.  It has the Adaptec 5808 hba, which apparently can be flashed into IT mode to passthrough the HDDs.  The drives on the onboard raid control can sometimes be seen by unraid but are showing as different drives than what the array was.  My question, would it just be easier to just buy a compatable hba card for both of the backplanes?  Will it then be just plug and play as if i was just moving the array to another PC?

19 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

One of the recommended LSI HBAs should work fine.

Excellent. I was looking at this post last night. Couple quick questions. I've seen a few post of possibly the HP backplane not supporting drives larger than 2tb.is this the case? If so could I just take the backplane off an direct CO next the sata cables to the drives? I'm only running 3 3.5 drives and 2 2.5 drives. Thanks again.