Unraid, NGINX, Cloudflare, Invalid SSL certificate Error code 526

aymanibousi

Hi All ,

I have followed Ibracorp guide TO THE LETTER! I have also used certificate through Letsencrypt and the error i keep getting is 526 when I access the site :(

Here are my settings ( all attached as images). Any ideas please?

Please let me know if I am missing any vital piece of info :)

All my settings.jpg

error.jpg

Edited by aymanibousi
added error messsage

@aymanibousi

im not sure but it seems youre mixing certificates.

in your cloudflare set up youve selected full strict. My understanding  is in that option you need to use the cloudflare certificate end to end, but you mention using letsencrypt.

Did you get the 'free' 15 year cloudflare certificate?

In my set up I got the cloudflare certificate, downloaded it to my pc and then added it as 'cusom' to nproxy. Then I just select  it instead of letsencrypt. 

4 hours ago, juan11perez said:

@aymanibousi

im not sure but it seems youre mixing certificates.

in your cloudflare set up youve selected full strict. My understanding  is in that option you need to use the cloudflare certificate end to end, but you mention using letsencrypt.

Did you get the 'free' 15 year cloudflare certificate?

In my set up I got the cloudflare certificate, downloaded it to my pc and then added it as 'cusom' to nproxy. Then I just select  it instead of letsencrypt. 

Greetings  Juan

Thank you , yes I have already set it to custom after trying out lets encrypt according to ibracorp video, I have downloaded it to my PC and uploaded it to nproxy. But when I visit the site it keeps showing letsencrypt for some reason! now a different screen shows up! On a side note, https://192.168.1.10:5055   doesnt show up, but http://192.168.1.10:5055  does show up and work (I tried editing that through cloudflare and Nginx but no avail)

okay so if i disable Universal SSL I get:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

overseerr.caitsith.one uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

If I enable it: Invalid SSL certificate Error code 526

Edited by aymanibousi
On 12/3/2022 at 1:49 AM, juan11perez said:

@aymanibousi

I just noticed your unifi port forwarding is wrong.  Should be like this:

You forward 443 to the port on your server, in your case 18443

Screenshot_20221202_164838.png

Hi

Thank you :) have fixed it and checked wiht open port and still same error, attached screenshot

However, the certificate on the website shows lets encrypt, I do not have that , i have removed it from nginx so have no idea why its stuck on that :( 

Screenshot_20221204_012446.png

Screenshot_20221204_012457.png

Edited by aymanibousi

OKay guys, just keeping everyone in the loop, posted on cloudflare:

https://community.cloudflare.com/t/unraid-nginx-cloudflare-invalid-ssl-certificate-error-code-526/441280/5

Apparently, if I change my SSL/TLS encryption mode to Full, it shows

404 Not Found

nginx

Does that mean I set up my NPM incorrectly?

When I do the Test Server Reachability on the SSL certificate in the NPM,  I get: Communication with the API failed, is NPM running correctly?

Does that mean my ports are wrong?

Open ports below:

Port 18443 is closed on *MY IP*

Port 1880 is closed on *MY IP*

Port 80 is open on *MY IP*

Port 443 is open on *MY IP*

Someone said"So please double check the SSL Cert you have implemented on your Nginx Proxy Manager
Generally speaking, please also make sure, that the Nginx Proxy Manager actually is the one answering on port :443 on your machine (Unraid) and not any other service - you can do so by logging into the container itself and watch it’s log files with tail -f while you send some requests to it."

Does that mean its getting confused with my Letsencrypt on unraid?

Cheers guys

Edited by aymanibousi
  • 2 months later...

I came here looking to solve a slightly different issue. I see two things that don't match my setup. I followed the same guide. 1 is that you set www as a cname record with your domain. Mine is setup as an A record with my IP address. 2 I don't have the letsencrypt ssl certificate, maybe delete that one and see if it makes a difference.

If you or anyone else know how to allow your domain.com to redirect to a youtube video with all of this security on please let me know.