win 10 gaming vm starts, but system ram and logs soon hit 100%

Go to solution Solved by huskycdn,

so I upgraded to a new 5900x platform so i can have a windows 10 vm (good pricing on last gen stuff). Everything works fine with a virtual gpu but when i passthrough the gtx 1070 the system ram and logs hits 100%. I have stubbed the iommu ive run every variant of acs override including off (had no issues passing the whole nvme baremetal).  Hope someone can have a look at my logs cause im at a lossed, it would be greatly appreciated. 

mimir-diagnostics-20221202-2336.zip

Edited by huskycdn
2 minutes ago, ryanm91 said:

MSI interrupts have you tried that? What are you using for storage?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

i have an asus b550-e gaming, are you referring to a msi only issue? for storage i passed the whole nvme controller with the samsung 980 pro nvme. After i get this running i will create a share on my raid 10 btrs pool to pass through for game storage

i have an asus b550-e gaming, are you referring to a msi only issue? for storage i passed the whole nvme controller with the samsung 980 pro nvme. After i get this running i will create a share on my raid 10 btrs pool to pass through for game storage
Sorry MSI interrupts if you search this forum you will find the tool. My VM would slow to a crawl before I enabled MSI interrupts for the Nvidia 1070 I had. It is not MSI as in the brand.

6 minutes ago, ryanm91 said:

Sorry MSI interrupts if you search this forum you will find the tool. My VM would slow to a crawl before I enabled MSI interrupts for the Nvidia 1070 I had. It is not MSI as in the brand.

i'll look into it, i have been using unraid since 09 but not very good with non gui stuff.  Unfortunately its like 12:30am, its amazing when your projects arent working how time disappears 

i tried msi interrupts but no luck, the logs piles up almost instantly. I hope someone can have a look at my logs in the first post.  Based on an old space invaders video i add "vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1" to my Syslinux configuration: didnt fix it

tldr this is an example of the logs, full diagnostic in the first post

Windows 10.log.2.last200.txt

Edited by huskycdn