unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta8d Available

afp_error.jpg

I'm getting some AFP errors as well.

This is from a Lion client but I can reproduce it in Snow Leopard as well.  AFP shares are taking a long time to mount and a long time to list (if at all).

Can post the full syslog but here's the part where I think it's having issues.

Syslog posted

Jul 9 23:04:51 HothBase afpd[8808]: dbd_rpc: Error reading header from fd (db_dir /mnt/user/Movies): Connection reset by peer
Jul 9 23:04:56 HothBase cnid_metad: cnid_dbd pid 9225 exited with exit code 1
Jul 9 23:04:56 HothBase cnid_dbd[9248]: Setting uid/gid to 1000/0
Jul 9 23:04:56 HothBase cnid_dbd[9248]: main: error opening lockfile: Permission denied
Jul 9 23:04:56 HothBase afpd[8808]: dbd_rpc: Error reading header from fd (db_dir /mnt/user/Movies): Connection reset by peer
Jul 9 23:04:56 HothBase afpd[8808]: transmit: Request to dbd daemon (db_dir /mnt/user/Movies) timed out.
Jul 9 23:04:56 HothBase afpd[8808]: afp_openvol(/mnt/user/Movies): Fatal error: Unable to get stamp value from CNID backend
Jul 9 23:04:56 HothBase cnid_metad: cnid_dbd pid 9248 exited with exit code 1
Jul 9 23:04:56 HothBase cnid_dbd[9249]: Setting uid/gid to 0/0
Jul 9 23:04:56 HothBase cnid_dbd[9249]: Startup, DB dir /mnt/user/MP3/.AppleDB
Jul 9 23:08:34 HothBase cnid_dbd[10767]: Setting uid/gid to 1000/0
Jul 9 23:08:34 HothBase cnid_dbd[10767]: main: error opening lockfile: Permission denied
Jul 9 23:08:34 HothBase cnid_metad: cnid_dbd pid 10767 exited with exit code 1
Jul 9 23:08:34 HothBase cnid_dbd[10768]: Setting uid/gid to 1000/0
Jul 9 23:08:34 HothBase cnid_dbd[10768]: main: error opening lockfile: Permission denied
Jul 9 23:08:34 HothBase afpd[8808]: dbd_rpc: Error reading header from fd (db_dir /mnt/user/Movies): Connection reset by peer
Jul 9 23:08:39 HothBase cnid_metad: cnid_dbd pid 10768 exited with exit code 1
Jul 9 23:08:39 HothBase cnid_dbd[10792]: Setting uid/gid to 1000/0
Jul 9 23:08:39 HothBase cnid_dbd[10792]: main: error opening lockfile: Permission denied
Jul 9 23:08:39 HothBase afpd[8808]: dbd_rpc: Error reading header from fd (db_dir /mnt/user/Movies): Connection reset by peer
Jul 9 23:08:44 HothBase cnid_metad: cnid_dbd pid 10792 exited with exit code 1
Jul 9 23:08:44 HothBase cnid_metad: try with -d /mnt/user/Movies/.AppleDB
Jul 9 23:08:44 HothBase cnid_dbd[10803]: main: not enough arguments
Jul 9 23:08:44 HothBase afpd[8808]: dbd_rpc: Error reading header from fd (db_dir /mnt/user/Movies): Connection reset by peer
Jul 9 23:08:49 HothBase cnid_metad: cnid_dbd pid 10803 exited with exit code 1
Jul 9 23:08:49 HothBase cnid_metad: respawn too fast /mnt/user/Movies/.AppleDB
Jul 9 23:08:49 HothBase afpd[8808]: dbd_rpc: Error reading header from fd (db_dir /mnt/user/Movies): Connection reset by peer

syslog.txt

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have updated from 5b7 to 5b8b, and quickly to 5b8c

It would appear that the mover is not shifting files from the cache drive, either automatically or manually. If I activate the mover manually, I can see that the cache drive is being read and one of the data disks is being written to. however the reported space free of the data drive is not reducing.

That seems impossible.

Looking through this post I note that the mover script has been altered? For information my shares which use the cache drive are set to most free allocation method with a split level of 10

A couple things to check:

a) after mover runs, do you still see the same files on the cache drive?  Is there a copy of them on a data drive?

b) does the top level share name on the cache drive exist also on at least one data drive on the array?

I'm having this exact same issue.  I invoked the mover script manually, the interface says Mover is running, but the space is not freeing up.  I've confirmed that this share is on other data drives and this has worked previously.  (In fact, I've been clearing my cache drive manually about twice per day in copying massive amounts of data over from my FreeNAS.)

Thing is, unlike this issue, I don't see things moving off the cache drive.  

Invoked the Mover again (while it was already running) and now items seem to be moving off the drive.  Still not seeing the free space reported correctly but as you said, that's fixed in 8d.  

Hmmm things seem stalled again.  No idea what's going on here.  Attached a second syslog.

Thank you!

syslog2.txt

Hi, Ive just upgraded from 4.7 to 5beta8c

I replaced the bzroot and bzimage files and deleted, config/passwd and config/smbpasswd

Now unraid will boot, however the webgui seems to be corrupt, i can access unmenu, but i still cannot see the normal unraid page.

Attached is a screenshot and syslog.

Has anyone seen this before?

Regards - Brett

unraid2.jpg.b4f9e40176d63e3e37f065ead52e8722.jpg

syslog.txt

ok question with the latest beta's and 3tb drives do we need any special hardware or should most of our curent setups work?

As I understand it, most relatively recent hardware will support 3TB drives, except in one respect - it may not be possible to boot from the large drive.  However, for unRAID, this is of little import.

Hi, Ive just upgraded from 4.7 to 5beta8c

I replaced the bzroot and bzimage files and deleted, config/passwd and config/smbpasswd

Now unraid will boot, however the webgui seems to be corrupt, i can access unmenu, but i still cannot see the normal unraid page.

Attached is a screenshot and syslog.

Has anyone seen this before?

Regards - Brett

Do you have UnRaid-Web installed? That can cause some conflicts with the UnRaid page.

... the thing is that the disc is not doing anything. The activity LED is off, and it looks like nothing happens.

I love this forum. People here are really interested in helping each other.

Thanks for that.

Chris

... and I also can't find a process via 'ps -ef' that seems to work on the "UPGRADE_DISC" task.

I guess the problem has been described before:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=11526.0

But in the last post it is stated the bug has been fixed in 5.0 beta6a. Unfortunately, this one doesn't support 3TB drives, so I can't check this.

Chris

Chris

I need to see your system log capture after you have clicked the 'Start' button to start upgrade but then nothing happens.

... I read your answer to late. So I can't send you a log.

But I got it to work: I simply reformatted the disc with HFS+ (mac os Lion disc utility, one big GUID partition). Afterwards I was able to start the re-building process.

Currently this is still running.

Regards,

Chris

Will there ever be a way to tell which exact file generates a sync error? This way we can just compare the file on the data disk with the source file. Sometimes it's hard to know if the data on a data disk is bad or if data on the parity disk is bad.

The md5deep package can help with this.

I tried to upgrade from 5.0 beta6a to the current beta 8c and this what I get from putty and a telnet session.  I am unable to access via http.

Server login: root

Linux 2.6.37.6-unRAID.

root@Server:~# /usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

[1] 1146

root@Server:~# cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt

[1]+  Segmentation fault      /usr/local/sbin/emhttp

Kryspy

I tried to upgrade from 5.0 beta6a to the current beta 8c and this what I get from putty and a telnet session.   I am unable to access via http.

Server login: root

Linux 2.6.37.6-unRAID.

root@Server:~# /usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

[1] 1146

root@Server:~# cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt

[1]+  Segmentation fault      /usr/local/sbin/emhttp

Kryspy

why are you attempting to invoke emhttp?  It should already be running.

Or, is it this issue, due to be fixed in beta8d.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=13866.msg131518#msg131518

As Joe said, I believe this is the issue I reported a few pages back... the free edition does not currently work with beta8c, and Tom has stated that this will be fixed in beta8d.

I actually reported it as either a virtual machine or free edition error, but the other reports are showing that I was right in the second guess that it's the free edition that doesn't work.

Regarding this message:

I can also confirm that AFP is not working properly with beta8c.

What Apple OS are you running?

I've been able to reproduce it with Snow Leopard and Lion

I'm running Snow Leopard, and have not had any problems (besides it being slow to first connect) with AFP. I'm not surprised that there are problems with Lion though, it's not even officially released yet, and unRAID's netatalk and avahi are not the latest versions as far as I know. I hope Tom is able to update these in a future version, but things are quite usable already in Snow Leopard.

I can't speak for time machine though... I don't use that.

Seeing a lot of these errors in my syslog...

Jul 11 15:10:01 Tower crond[1463]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

I'm running 8c + latest unmenu + various packages installed via unmenu package manager

Not an error in unRAID, it is one with an unMenu addon you are using.

The message can be ignored as it causes no harm.

Seeing a lot of these errors in my syslog...

Jul 11 15:10:01 Tower crond[1463]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

I'm running 8c + latest unmenu + various packages installed via unmenu package manager

Not an error in unRAID, it is one with an unMenu addon you are using.

The message can be ignored as it causes no harm.

It'd be good to know which addon so I can inform the author of the problem ... I'll dig around a bit and see what I turn up.  Thx.