Problem copying appdata and system data from old cache SSD to new cache NVME

mbowser

I am currently running Unraid 6.11.1 I added a new NVME cache drive to create a pool with. I originally had an SSD cache drive that contained all of my appdata and system data. I renamed it to cache_ssd so I could differentiate it from the new cache_nvme I added. I shut the docker and VM's off, I set appdata and system data and domains from cache prefer in the shares tab to cache yes and proceeded to run the mover to get the data moved back to the array. I then pointed my appdata, system and domains shares to my new NVME cache drive pool and set them to cache prefer and proceeded to run the mover. Unfortunately the data isn't moving to the array, it just moves from the old cache drive to the new cache drive and not all of it is moving over no matter how many times I have tried running mover. 

image.thumb.png.6c66ed8614fd0e8520558893d77f5839.png

Here is what my syslog shows for the mover; however, I can still see data in the folders on each cache drive and my apps don't start correctly.

Dec  6 13:09:51 Plex root: Specified filename /mnt/cache_ssd/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.icons/BLACK-Ice-Numix-FLAT/scalable/devices/audio-speakers-symbolic.svg does not exist.
Dec  6 13:09:51 Plex  move: file: /mnt/cache_ssd/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.icons/BLACK-Ice-Numix-FLAT/scalable/devices/audio-speakers-symbolic.svg
Dec  6 13:09:51 Plex  move: move_object: /mnt/cache_ssd/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.icons/BLACK-Ice-Numix-FLAT/scalable/devices/audio-speakers-symbolic.svg No such file or directory
Dec  6 13:09:51 Plex root: Specified filename /mnt/cache_ssd/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.icons/BLACK-Ice-Numix-FLAT/scalable/devices/battery-symbolic.svg does not exist.
Dec  6 13:09:51 Plex  move: file: /mnt/cache_ssd/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.icons/BLACK-Ice-Numix-FLAT/scalable/devices/battery-symbolic.svg
Dec  6 13:09:51 Plex  move: move_object: /mnt/cache_ssd/appdata/binhex-krusader/home/.icons/BLACK-Ice-Numix-FLAT/scalable/devices/battery-symbolic.svg No such file or directory

Did you disable the docker service (not just the containers) before running mover?   If not it would keep files open and thus stop them being moved by mover.  Ideally you should also disable the VM service for the same reason.   When all moving is finished to the final desired positions then you can re-enable these services.

1 hour ago, mbowser said:

set them to cache prefer and proceeded to run the mover. Unfortunately the data isn't moving to the array

It's Cache:Yes that moves from pool to array, Cache:Prefer moves to pool.

In a case like yours you'd typically initially set cache Yes before changing anything, get everything moved to array, then do the replacement and set back to prefer on shares you want on cache to move to the new drive.

I did that; however, now plex is not connecting. As you can see in the sizes below, data is spread across cache and my  new cache_nvme even though I ran mover with docker and VM off and Cache set to YES. Is it possible to do a copy of everything in appdata onto the cache on the command line? cp -vnpr /mnt/*/appdata/* /mnt/cache_nvme/ to fix the data being spread out? I have tried running mover with Cache set to Yes and than cache set to prefer and I can't get all of the data to one place. 

root@BowserPlex:/mnt/cache# du -sh appdata/
27G     appdata/
root@BowserPlex:/mnt/cache# du -sh system/
21G     system/
root@BowserPlex:/mnt/cache# d^C-sh system/
root@BowserPlex:/mnt/cache# cd ../cache_nvme/
root@BowserPlex:/mnt/cache_nvme# du -sh appdata/
13G     appdata/
root@BowserPlex:/mnt/cache_nvme# du -sh system/
0       system/

image.png.57e9bb27a65488fc5a9977e424cae24c.png