6.11.5 keeps crashing every few days

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi all, 

My unraid server started crashing every few days while I was on 6.11.3. I haven't changed any hardware that should affect the server (swapped some fans out of the case) and did not change anything material on the software side (normal updates of the apps/dockers in the ordinary course). When this started happening, I updated the OS to 6.11.5. I also checked my logs after crashing but didn't find anything from before the crash. So after upgrading I set-up syslog to remote save the logs onto the same server and that is what I have attached. 

Not sure what the last line item of Dec 8 and the first one on Dec 9 (when I did a hard reset) is and if that is the culprit (maybe something to do with mover?). In any case, the below time is when I hard reset the server.

Dec  9 13:58:03 Beast root: Delaying execution of fix common problems scan for 10 minutes

I don't have a Ryzen based server.  List of hardware as follows: 

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470

Mobo: Asrock Extreme6 Z77

Broadcom BCM57781 NIC - disabled vt-d for it to work . 

GPU: GTX 660 TI (MSI) 2gb - unused/disconnected 

HDDs: 3x shucked WD elements 14 TB (WD140EDGZ) 

cache drive: 1TB Nvme via PCIe 

RAM: 32GB ram 

Any input greatly appreciated. 

Thanks all :D

syslog-192.168.100.62.log

Edited by homiek33
  • Solution
Dec  8 00:13:32 Beast kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x10a/0x150 [macvlan]
Dec  8 00:13:32 Beast kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xbc/0x12f [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address and will end up crashing the server, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)).

• Thanks 1