Boot issues and UnRaid spontaneously turns off

smick
Go to solution Solved by smick,

I have been running 6.9.2 for a long time. I now updated to 6.11.5 and initially it wouldn't boot but eventually I got it to work except Win10 VM won't start which I think is a separate issue.

Now after being on all day my computer spontaneously powers off. It didn't shut down just turned off the power. Before I got 6.11.5 to boot, I'd reboot the computer and get nothing - no text at all like the BIOS didn't start. Finally I restored the old 6.9.2 and got it to boot. I then updated to 6.11.5 and everything seemed stable except the Win10 VM wouldn't boot.

Now my computer spontaneously turns off from inside UnRaid consistently and when I try to reboot its back to the no BIOS type issue with no text on the screen. Eventually it powers off. I have been able to pull the flash drive and insert it after the BIOS starts and got it to boot. Then in a short time it turns itself off.

About a year ago I had an issue and posted to the forum and it turned out it was my power supply which I replaced with a Corsair RM750x. Does this sound like another power supply issue or is it related to the upgrade?

Any help appreciated.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

I found the solution: Settings -> Sleep Settings were enabled. It was "sleeping" shortly after I booted UnRaid. This happened after upgrading to 6.11.5. I may have been booting in UEFI rather than legacy without realizing it and the feature just didn't work in legacy.