Fairly upset - who the hell uses Mover?

KyleS
Go to solution Solved by KyleS,

Unraid doesn't seem to have any real thought put into it. Mover continues to move to full disks and ignores quota assignments. Disk splitting continues to just fill full disks (500G is reserved, which I find to be ridiculous that this is ignored and disks fill to 64KB). Does anyone actually use this seriously? Besides shfs everything else seems to be completely worthless.

What am I missing?

You would likely need to provide diagnostics for someone on the forum to provide help for your specific share layout. While I have no idea if it effects your layout or not one thing to keep in mind that trips up some people unfamiliar with unRAID is that cache drives are only for new files. Files that are already on the array will be modified in place and are never moved from disk to disk automatically. Applications that modify files in place can fill a disk beyond limits placed at the share level.

On 12/13/2022 at 9:49 AM, KyleS said:

Unraid doesn't seem to have any real thought put into it. Mover continues to move to full disks and ignores quota assignments. Disk splitting continues to just fill full disks (500G is reserved, which I find to be ridiculous that this is ignored and disks fill to 64KB). Does anyone actually use this seriously? Besides shfs everything else seems to be completely worthless.

What am I missing?

Some of us have been using unraid since 2009 or earlier. Trust me it works. It might be just a slight misunderstanding of how things work or how they are to be setup. 

Looking at your Split Level you have it set to first level only. That means only the main folder will be split. 

• Like 1