[SOLD] - US - Geekworm PiKVM-A3 Kit - $80 w/free shipping

I will ship this free to a Continental U.S. address.  If you are outside the Continental U.S. and have interest in the item, contact me for shipping information.

I will accept Venmo, Square Cash App or PayPal friends and family payments.

This Geekworm PiKVM-A3 Kit contains everything you need to turn a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B into a PiKVM

A fully assembled PiKVM costs $250 to $290 depending on supplier and RAM size of included Raspberry Pi 4 (you only need 2GB).  Add this $80 kit to a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B and you have the same thing.

This note appears on the Geekworm product page:

PiKVM-A3 expansion board kit is also compatible with Raspberry Pi  3B+/ 3B, but since Raspberry Pi 3 is without OTG interface, when PiKVM-A3 is used with Pi3, OTG analog keyboard and mouse cannot be used.

If your motherboard does not have IPMI, a PiKVM allows you to locally or remotely access and control a computer via a web interface and even power it on/off and access the BIOS.  This is a great addition to a headless unRAID server where it is not practical or desirable to connect a keyboard and monitor and where remote access is desired.

This kit is used only to the extent that I installed the parts on an RPi 4 B and booted it up and tested access twice. It has been powered on for a total of 10 minutes.   Really, I just tested it for you and it is new.

The kit contains the following components:

• PiKVM-A3 Metal Case for Raspberry Pi 4

• X630 HDMI to CSI-2 Module (for video capture)

• X630-A3 Expansion Board (for Ethernet, cooling, RTC, power in etc.)

• X630-A5 Adapter Board (it is installed inside the PC case, and it connects the computer motherboard and IO panel cable of PC case)

• 0.96 inch OLED (for display, Resolution: 128×64 pixel) - shows IP address, CPU temp, power on time.

• Ethernet Cable (TIA/EIA-568.B connection, and its ATX control signal cable)

• USB-C to USB-A cable for OTG keyboard/mouse

I will include a free 16GB Class 10 MicroSD card with the PiKVM software installed.  Also included is a CR1220 battery for the real-time clock.

In addition to a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (yes, I know they are hard to get right now), you need to have the following for a fully functional PiKVM:

• Raspberry Pi 4 compatible power supply
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet cable to connect to your LAN

If you don't already have a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B you can use and need to find one, you can check out RPilocator which lists global availability of many Raspberry Pi models.

Another option is to purchase a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B in a kit which includes power supply, basic case and cables, etc.  These seem to be available more often as retailers want to maximize their profits on the few RPi units they can acquire by selling additional components with them. As an example, I was able to purchase an RPi 4 Model B with 4GB RAM in a kit last month for $125. 

There is an RPI 4 Model B 2GB kit available right now in the U.S. for ~$110.  Even $110 + $80 for the PiKVM kit is substantially less than the $250 for a pre-assembled PiKVM.

Attached are some pictures of the Pi-KVM web interface, my laptop screen under the control of the PiKVM and everything I am including in this sale.  The laptop was easy to plug into to test although that is not really the ideal use case.

IMG_5176.thumb.JPG.29659b47b7be4aecd1b8b8548e8d94aa.JPG

IMG_5177.thumb.JPG.0e940410b85b624aaf1221a49e62baa2.JPG

IMG_5309.thumb.JPG.1f5b195adfce36fe966a42a3de2f39aa.JPG

Both of my unRAID motherboards currently have IPMI but the idea of the PiKVM was intriguing so I bought the kit to test it for future potential use.  I now have another use for my Raspberry Pi 4 so the PiKVM kit will go unused.

Edited by Hoopster
48 minutes ago, ConnerVT said:

How much RAM should the RPi4 have for this to work well?

2GB is plenty.  As noted here and here most pre-assembled PiKVM units include a Raspberry Pi 4 with 2GB RAM.  The Geekworm $290 version with a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM is an anomaly.

And it says this on the PiKVM DIY page:

Raspberry Pi board:

Recommended: Raspberry Pi 4 (2 GB model is enough) for the best performance. However, the 1GB models will also work.

Edited by Hoopster
  • Thanks 1
  • Hoopster changed the title to [SOLD] - US - Geekworm PiKVM-A3 Kit - $80 w/free shipping
  • 1 month later...