Slow parity check

illmatik

I recently replaced the power cable to a drive that was having errors, as well as added a new drive. 

After replacing the power cable, I rebuilt the parity which seemed to be at normal speed. The new drive was also set up at a normal speed. I also updated to the latest version of Unraid around this time. 

Today, the regularly scheduled parity check is going extremely slow, anywhere from 2-8MB/s which would take about 3-6 days, where this typically took about 8 hours (with one less drive in the array).

Attached are my diagnostics as well as a DiskSpeed test. I had to pause the parity check otherwise I wasn't able to get the diagnostics without it hanging.

Disk 1 seems to be reading a bit slower than the other drives, but nothing crazy. I am seeing some SMART errors for Disk 1 though which are new. 

diskspeed_12-19.png

megatron-diagnostics-20221219-1510.zip

Edited by illmatik

Unrelated (maybe)

NerdPack.plg - 2018.02.17  (Update available: 2021.08.11)  (Incompatible)

Looks like you were loading every package in NerdPack. Do you even know what most of that is for?

Uninstall NerdPack and install NerdTools instead. Then only install those packages you use frequently.

Also

ca.backup.plg - 2017.06.12  (Deprecated)  (Update available: 2017.10.28)

Uninstall that one then find the new one in Apps.

All of your other plugins are years out-of-date. Update them all.