Your flash drive is corrupted or offline. Post your diagnostics in the forum for help.

Wunza
Go to solution Solved by Squid,

4 minutes ago, jowiedog said:

have you got a backup? if so just copy the contents of the backup to the flash drive. When you get back in add your disks into the array and select parity is already valid and you should be backup and running. Same thing happened to me yesterday

If you have a current backup it should not be necessary to "add your disks into the array", it should already know your disk assignments, which is in the config folder of the backup and contains all of your configuration.

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

What message exactly and where did you see it?

Looks like your server had been running OK for several days and I didn't notice anything in syslog about flash drive problems.

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

What message exactly and where did you see it?

Looks like your server had been running OK for several days and I didn't notice anything in syslog about flash drive problems.

It is right at the top of my dashboard anytime I sign in.  The server does seem to run fine however I am currently unable to update my Plex Docker container.  I read somewhere that there is a config folder and thought that might be missing.  Figured this error might be a good place to start.

• Solution

Your flash.cfg file is trashed.  This is the contents

¹Él8û¶ÖÓ­[³Šx`Ũ»¦¢ÇAp øÂgÖïöÇ j\(ÝYá,™:Ô³¢¿,ãcÒ±¢/X$®‚e\‘ø÷2›…¶I,„^!ܑkdÊ°5pã(ÛåêÃ¥
ì†+M6O E7ÌËÿxjI\Yð‡L

Delete /config/flash.cfg and then reboot

If problems continue, replace the flash drive

@trurl

FYI, these are the cfg files which the OS checks when the banner appears

['disk:0','docker:1','domain:1','flash:0','ident:1','share:0']

"1" means that its a required file to check (ie: it's guaranteed to exist)

"0" means that its optional to check (ie: it's not a failure if the file doesn't exist)

FCP does check pretty much every .cfg file on the flash (and will explicitly state which one is corrupted)