[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2.5

KluthR

On 3/2/2023 at 4:49 AM, KluthR said:

Do you see „DEBUG: dockerInfo written to /tmp/“ in the logs?

Afraid not.. and I've just checked the config file and it's written back to how it was so I'll have to copy in the lines again... but I'm getting no additional logs..   I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what...

minor quibble, this is v3 of the plugin but still uses the old page name "BackupMainV2"

verify backups has same warning of ignore errors, which i suspect is in error

Verify Backups?
This can lead to broken backups - Only enable if you know what you do! 	

Ignore errors during backup?
This can lead to broken backups - Only enable if you know what you do!

when you use the "Excluded Folder Browser" you can only pick top level folder, would be nice to have it show actual tree and be able to pick the nested folder to be a bit more surgical. right now i do this via cli then come back and just put in the path manually (which works fine).

the folder selector for USB Backup Destination: / libvirt.img Destination:  show up in the wrong spot:

Discord_2023-03-11_11-22-24.thumb.png.edec79fa30318b8108e65836edec66d1.png

2 hours ago, zoggy said:

verify backups has same warning of ignore errors, which i suspect is in error

No, thats just right. Both setting can lead to broken backups. First one if backups are not verified and second if errors occur which will be discarded silently.

the BackupMainV2 name will be gone with the new version.

[12.03.2023 03:00:08] Backing Up
/usr/bin/tar: ./binhex-plexpass/Plex Media Server: file changed as we read it
/usr/bin/tar: ./binhex-plexpass: file changed as we read it
/usr/bin/tar: .: file changed as we read it
[12.03.2023 03:26:38] tar creation/extraction failed!

Is this the issue that's causing backups to fail?

6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Yes. Either stop container during backup or set the ignore option

Thanks.. but then I also have this in the log before this..

[12.03.2023 03:00:04] Stopping binhex-plexpass... done! (took 2 seconds)

That indicates it did stop right?  Perhaps it's a timing thing?

That is a weird issue some user have. Container is stopped but something is accessing some of its files. A user noticed, that some docker exec commands were still running which caused that. The new update has some diag tools to check some things.

Hello, since the old version was depreciated, my server has not automattically backed up my appdata once.

I did a manual backup on 3/6 and see the file on the drive. My settings are weekly  set to backup tonight again, but nothing happens automattically anymore.

What info can I provide to make it easier for you all to point me at the setting that I entered incorrectly?

also the folders are no longer showing up with the boxes to check the exclusions, I don't know why?

Chas

Capture.GIF

15 hours ago, kysdaddy said:

also the folders are no longer showing up with the boxes to check the exclusions, I don't know why?

Which browser?

For the rest: Here a small update for the new rewrite:

I didnt had many time the last weeks but this week its all about the plugin. I made great progress, all the docker logic work even better than ever. In case we hit a Paused container, there is no error thrown anymore.

I test the backup procedure with all its new settings currently and write the new flash backup method.

I assume we can beta test soon. 6.12 rc is required, because the plugin will NOT run on 6.11.

Sidenote: I try to make a semi-automatic upgrade, since the internal plugin changes this time. I'll figure some way out. Stay tuned!

Edited by KluthR
4 hours ago, Jclendineng said:

Just an FYI this is marked as incompatible with Unraid 6.12

3 hours ago, KluthR said:

Thats correct. As mentioned in the first/second post, there will be a complete rewrite.

That being said, ignoring the PHP errors (which aren't an issue) the plugin does work fine

• Thanks 2
  • KluthR changed the title to [Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2.5

Hey guys! 

I'm having trouble somewhere....

Should I be worried about the TAR CREATION/EXTRACTION and then the VERIFY failing?  

Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: #######################################

Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Community Applications appData Backup
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Applications will be unavailable during
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: this process.  They will automatically
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: be restarted upon completion.
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: #######################################
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Backup of appData starting. This may take awhile
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping binhex-krusader: Not started! [ / Exited (255) 18 hours ago]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping binhex-prowlarr: Not started! [ / Up 18 hours]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping firefox: Not started! [ / Created]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping homebridge: Not started! [ / Up 17 hours]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping pihole: Not started! [ / Up 18 hours (healthy)]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping Plex-Media-Server: Not started! [ / Up 18 hours (healthy)]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping prowlarr: Not started! [ / Created]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping qbittorrent: Not started! [ / Up 18 hours]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping radarr: Not started! [ / Up 18 hours]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping readarr: Not started! [ / Exited (255) 10 days ago]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping sonarr: Not started! [ / Up 18 hours]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping Tailscale: Not started! [ / Up 18 hours]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Not stopping tubesync: Not started! [ / Exited (137) 6 weeks ago]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Backing Up appData from /mnt/user/appdata/ to /mnt/user/backups/appdatabackups/[email protected]
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Separate archives disabled! Saving into one file.
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Using command: cd '/mnt/user/appdata/' && /usr/bin/tar -caf '/mnt/user/backups/appdatabackups/[email protected]/CA_backup.tar'  . >> /var/lib/docker/unraid/ca.backup2.datastore/appdata_backup.log 2>&1 & echo $! > /tmp/ca.backup2/tempFiles/backupInProgress && wait $!
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Backing Up
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: tar creation/extraction failed!
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Backup Complete
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Verifying Backup 
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Using command: cd '/mnt/user/appdata/' && /usr/bin/tar --diff -C '/mnt/user/appdata/' -af '/mnt/user/backups/appdatabackups/[email protected]/CA_backup.tar' >> /var/lib/docker/unraid/ca.backup2.datastore/appdata_backup.log 2>&1 & echo $! > /tmp/ca.backup2/tempFiles/verifyInProgress && wait $!
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: tar verify failed!
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: done
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: #######################
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: appData Backup complete
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: #######################
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: A error occurred somewhere. Not deleting old backup sets of appdata
Mar 17 11:22:25 LoBatt CA Backup/Restore: Backup / Restore Completed

Edited by ApolloGT