[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2.5

KluthR

Just a note: During the rewrite of the plugin, I stumbled upon the deprecation notice of the USB flash backup. I see, that many users dont use the MyServers Plugin (me too) as alternative. I want to cancel this deprecation but change the way it works. So, the flash backup will still be supported. JFYI

I aslo change the internal name of the plugin. Nothing that you have to worry about. Last but not least: I change the versioning from date to semantic versioning - maybe. Just some thoughts. If I got the first beta ready, I will publish more details for it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, KluthR said:

Just a note: During the rewrite of the plugin, I stumbled upon the deprecation notice of the USB flash backup. I see, that many users dont use the MyServers Plugin (me too) as alternative. I want to cancel this deprecation but change the way it works. So, the flash backup will still be supported. JFYI

I aslo change the internal name of the plugin. Nothing that you have to worry about. Last but not least: I change the versioning from date to semantic versioning - maybe. Just some thoughts. If I got the first beta ready, I will publish more details for it.

Just finally updated to v3 and really appreciate your willingness to take charge and continue supporting this plugin. As someone who also doesn't use and has no interest in the MyServers plugin I think you for continuing to support backups of the usb/flash drive. It'd be nice if that data could also be compressed to an archive, but the post-run script for that is simple enough :) 

On 12/23/2022 at 9:48 PM, KluthR said:

Known issues & planned features

Known issues

• If container autoupdate is enabled, the container gets started and producing a "Already started" info
    • Currently being accepted as ok - produces some debug info inside the log but does not treat it as error

Planned features

• Complete overhaul of the code including PHP8 compatibility
  • Files/Folder config per container
    • Maybe extra sources apart from containers?
  • Option (separate) to disable encoutered errors (containers, tar backup, tar verofy)
  • Multicore backup
  • Restore single container data
  • Treesize view of all source data?
  • Include the docker templates in backups

Hi @KluthR,

Is it possible to stop and start the containers individually while backing up instead of stopping them all before the backup and only restarting them once all backups are complete several hours later? 

Surely once the container has been backed up there's no harm in starting that one? 

24 minutes ago, jacauc said:

No they are completely independent. Plex backup takes hours, but during that time ALL my dockers are unavailable.

Is already on my ToDo

25 minutes ago, jacauc said:

Which new update version has this functionality?

Iam doing an overhaul currently, so theres no update yet.

• Thanks 1

Hey all. So I think I may be out of luck here, but, I can still ask. My cache drive crashed on me this morning. I ended up having to reformat it. I've been running CABackup regularly.... using all the default settings. Am I to assume that the backups were being saved on the cache drive, not the array? So I've pretty much lost them and need to rebuild all my docker apps settings?

1 minute ago, Lonewolf147 said:

Hey all. So I think I may be out of luck here, but, I can still ask. My cache drive crashed on me this morning. I ended up having to reformat it. I've been running CABackup regularly.... using all the default settings. Am I to assume that the backups were being saved on the cache drive, not the array? So I've pretty much lost them and need to rebuild all my docker apps settings?

You would have had to set a backup location. What did you set it to?

Currently, no, I don't see a backups share. I know it has been running... I actually posted asking a question yesterday about it (getting it to restart apps in a specific order, that wasn't answered yet). I've actually used it in the past to restore stuff too. But it seems after this cache drive crash, things have disappeared.

Finally, I "finished" the final new UI for the settings part. I oriented myself on how Unraid does it.

(DEV-Sidenote: Wow, these many code documentation of the webgui-code is gorgeous... NOT! Maybe I start to add some to important things...)

However, the current design looks like this:

1396199295_Screenshot2023-02-10at20-08-22Playtime_AB.Main2.thumb.png.ce717618ec275a81f6b686a430fce6d2.png

I expanded the important help blocks for this screenshot.

Can we work with this? :)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Lonewolf147 said:

Sorry, I don't remember what it was set to. I didn't look at that screen often enough to memorize them.

I see this (anonymized)

b-----s                           shareUseCache="prefer"  # Share does not exist

This is a share that you created to stay on cache, but no longer exists. Possibly named backups.

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Is there a "backups.cfg" file in /boot/config/shares?

This is probably what I see in diagnostics. You can look there yourself to confirm.

So, probably it is all gone now

• KluthR changed the title to [Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2.5