[Resoled]USB Booting issues with P7H55-M LX motherboard

I only connected 5 drives on my AOC controller and now it boots from USB but I need that 12th drive for parity. So I am in a bind now. Has anybody seen this limitation before with this bios on the P7H55-M LX bios 0405 just upgraded that it can only display 12 drives and it counts the drives from the AOC controller.

Yeahhhh ,, Great  ;D Mr Londen has got it working again.

+10 for Cyrnel

is that a enable/disable function in the mainbord's bios,, or in the bios of those supermicro cards?

BIOS of the Supermicro SASLP.

I disable that "feature" on all servers I build for customers that have this card in them.  It ends up being more of a pain in the arse then it is worth, exactly for the reason you see above.

Thnx, Prostuff

but that setting can't change by itself can it?

No, it will not change by itself.  If you disable int13 on the card and then completely unplug the card from the machine it will still retain that setting.

if you reboot/reset the bios of your mainbord, this setting would not be changed? or do i misunderstand ?

No, you can change anything you like in the BIOS of the motherboard, it will not effect the card.

One thing you do have to realize those is that some motherboards BIOS can only display a certain number of disks in the startup list.  If you have drives on the motherboard and drives on the SASLP and the USB stick then the list could get to long for the BIOS to display properly.  Disabling int13 on the SASLP card(s) hides those drives and tell the motherboard BIOS to not show those as bootable drives, therefore keeping the list short.