Virt-Manager not working since upgrade to 6.11.5

Vetteman

Since upgrading last week from 6.10.3 to 6.11.5 Virt-Manager is no longer working.

I've uninstalled Virt-Manager and re-installed a couple of times, all with the same results.

When I launch the VM Docker and access it via the webgui, I get these errors.

QEMU/KVM NOT CONNECTED

I also noticed every time I reboot UNRAID libvirtd.conf file disappears \etc\libvirt 

Did not have this issue prior to the upgrade.

VM02.JPG

VMnotConected.JPG

That is correct. The BETA version has a support icon but was last updated Sep 29, 2017.

VM-Beta.thumb.JPG.c3b579fdf41ebc7303643a78103935e3.JPG

However the production version last updated Dec 26, 2022 has no support icon.

Not sure WHY we are having this discussion as it is quite unneccesary and the kind of debate I've never encountered before on any product's website by a moderator or support person.

My intent is not to be rude but I am very confused and quite concerned if this is the type of support I can expect from UNRAID/Limewire.

Cheers and Happy New Year....

VM-Reg.JPG

I noticed there was an update "Dec 26, 2022" for Virt-Manger. I installed the update and it did not resolve my issue nor is there a SUPPORT option.

i also noticed when I uninstalled Virt-Manger and re-installed it a few days ago or when I upgraded UNRAID, I seem to have deleted my VMs, which is not a big deal as I was only trying out Windows 11, SUSE and Ubuntu distros.

I was also thinking of install Novell Netware as I used to support it many years ago.

Using the terminal option on Unraid, I  believe I found out why my "/etc/libvirt" folder is empty as there is a similar folder "/etc/libvirt-" that has lots of files and sub directories.  I was going to copy the contents to "/etc/libvirt", however It is my understanding these are created from an unclean shutdown and the files maybe corrupted. 

I thought these files maybe on the thumdrive backups.  I did  check them and could not find any folder named "libvirt".

Any idea where I cold salvage these files and subdirectories from?

Edited by Vetteman
8 hours ago, Vetteman said:

Using the terminal option on Unraid, I  believe I found out why my "/etc/libvirt" folder is empty as there is a similar folder "/etc/libvirt-" that has lots of files and sub directories.  I was going to copy the contents to "/etc/libvirt", however It is my understanding these are created from an unclean shutdown and the files maybe corrupted. 

I thought these files maybe on the thumdrive backups.  I did  check them and could not find any folder named "libvirt".

Any idea where I cold salvage these files and subdirectories from?

Sounds like there is an issue with the image file.

/etc/libvirt is a mount point and the image file from the system share is mounted here.

does the following show your image is mounted

root@unraid:~# df | grep loop
/dev/loop2        62914560     7337288    53973368  12% /var/lib/docker
/dev/loop3         1048576        5224      924856   1% /etc/libvirt
root@unraid:~# 

libvirt- is used to build the file structure for a new image when created.

Edited by SimonF
  • Upvote 1

Thanks kindly for the reply.

Last night I did copy the contents of /etc/libvirt- to /etc/libvirt

When I re booted UNRAID, my VMs are now showing on the VM tab. And I was able to launch my Zorin-OS vm and I am now installing updates to the os.

However Virt-Manager will not launch.

I get the attached error.

I will re-install Virt-Manager once the updates to Zorin are applied.

VM-Badparm.JPG