unRaid Tool that can clone Win11 NVMe into virtual image for VM?

Go to solution Solved by SimonF,

Hello,

I have windows 11 on NVMe that is incompatible with VM, cant be passed trough, its a known issue.

But im thinking, is there any tool that can be downloaded into unRaid that can clone the NVMe into virtual disk image that can be passed to VM?

The tool has to clone on low level since the disk is Bitlocker locker, not just copy files, so virtual image will be 1:1 bitlocker locked too.

Regards

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Hexenhammer said:

Hello,

I have windows 11 on NVMe that is incompatible with VM, cant be passed trough, its a known issue.

But im thinking, is there any tool that can be downloaded into unRaid that can clone the NVMe into virtual disk image that can be passed to VM?

The tool has to clone on low level since the disk is Bitlocker locker, not just copy files, so virtual image will be 1:1 bitlocker locked too.

Regards

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Thanks.

Do you know if its possible to accelerate VM with GPU [so it has access to GPU video decode] but not display it on HDMI,  display it in a window on "virtual monitor"?

I been using  remote access on windows but usually its rather slow even when using GPU accelerated mode, if you want to watch a YouTube video especially in 4K it will lag.

I want to have OS inside of OS and for it to fully function, so i could display it full screen and feel as if im using it on a monitor.

Mainly for windows 11, but in future i want hackintosh so it will be neat if it can run in a window and i can edit video file remotely and play media.

Or maybe its not yet possible?