[SOLVED] Incorrected sync errors

Darts
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello,

I have been procrastinating this issue for far too long and I would like to correct it .

I have sync errors in my parity checks.

They are each time all the same numbers, always the same concurrent sectors.

They happened after I had a lot of troubles with my server, multiple hard, unclean shutdowns those happening most probably during a parity check.

I'm always running corrective checks (but after reading a lot on the subject I see I need to change this behaviour) however these errors do not self correct.

Jan 1 08:38:09 Alpha kernel: md: recovery thread: P incorrect, sector=5039842800
Jan 1 08:38:09 Alpha kernel: md: recovery thread: P incorrect, sector=5039842808
Jan 1 08:38:09 Alpha kernel: md: recovery thread: P incorrect, sector=5039842816
Jan 1 08:38:09 Alpha kernel: md: recovery thread: P incorrect, sector=5039842824

etc.

Could you please help me find a course of action to correct or at least get rid of these?

I probably have a corrupted file that I won't be able to recover since I'm still on reiserfs but hopefully only the parity is incorrect and all the files are good.

Best regards and my best wished for 2023 🙂

Edited by Darts
  • Darts changed the title to [SOLVED] Incorrected sync errors