two instances of nginx - port questions

I currently have my Unraid server with nginx port forwarding through ports 80 & 443. 

I'm setting up Home Assistant for the first time on a VM on the same server. When I go to set up nginx for this, it won't let me complete using the same ports. 

I'm a port noob lol. Is there a simple work around?

1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

Can you describe your layout more completely? A VM should have its own unique IP, and ports shouldn't conflict with Unraid.

so a friend helped me set up nginx and wireguard to access unraid server off network.

fast forward to today where I am looking to set up home assistant on a VM on the same machine. 

All is going well until I get to loading the new proxy host on nginx proxy manager. When I submit it says xxxx.duckdns.org is already in use. When I google that I get results of people reference something else already using port 443. 

im just assuming this is my issue.

see attached image. 192.168.86.45 is my unraid server. 192.168.86.194 is the home assistant ip.

does that help? I’m sorry that isn’t technical as I’m trying to learn. Thanks for your help!

44C37A2B-DB86-4508-9408-264879064027.png

Edited by draymott