Pulling docker is extremeley slow and makes the GUI unresponsive

mathgoy

Hi All,

For some few days, I noticed that pulling dockers is now very long on my unraid server.

It looks like the downloading process is going very fast but then, when it comes to checksum and extracting, it is taking ages.

Also, during that process, the rest of the unraid GUI becomes unresponsive.
Note that my dockers and VMs are still running fine and remain responsive.

I don't know if it is a coincidence but it looks like this issue happened after I updated to the latest version of unraid.

I attach my diagnostics file.

Should you have any further questions to help me, please let me know!

Thanks 

maximus-diagnostics-20230110-1058.zip

• 2 months later...

From your diagnostic file you have files from the system share on your disks 1 and 8 :

system                            shareUseCache="prefer"  # Share exists on cache, disk1, disk8

Check that your docker.img is on your cache and not on one of the disks. If your docker.img is on a disk then shutdown docker from the UI and launch the mover, it should do its job and move the file to your cache.

The same can be applied for libvirt.img but instead it is the VM system that needs to be shutdown on the UI.

By the way you also have the issue with the appdata share who's the default storage location for containers' data, but it should be solved with the same trick.

I had some issues with docker (long or/and failed update) and it was the root cause.

• Like 1