MiniSAS SFF-8087 (36 pin to 4 x Sata) Cables - $6.00 delivered!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just ordered two of these from this Ebay vendor.  I can't vouch for quality as I have not received them yet.  Price is right though!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Internal-Mini-SAS-Connector-SFF-8087-4-SATA-/320718340533?pt=COMP_EN_Networking_Components&hash=item4aac4d81b5

These look exactly like the same ones sold at Fry's.  The ones at Fry's are decent quality and I'm not afraid of them.  Foil wrapped.  That's all I know about them.

Looks exactly like the forward breakout cable my supermicro board came with, seem good. Only thing is seller is a bit strange:

Shipping:

WILL NOT SHIP TO NEW YORK!!!!!

Important information:

SOLD AS IS! SOLD AS IS! SOLD AS IS!

Doesnt know much about what he is selling, which can play either way, a great deal, or it was in the bottom of the ocean for a while and now up for sale  ;D

Doing some searching using the info he gave they appear to be geniune 8087 cables.  I don't think the seller really knows what they are.  The photos look right and if you do a search they look exactly like the Supermicro ones. 

@christuf - Yes. These would work with that board.  I have that board on order and ordered these cables for it.  I'll post a review of them as soon as I get them. Looking at the ebay ad it appears 69 of them have been sold and his feedback is solid. 

So these should (provided they are as described/ pictures) go from a AOC-SASLP-MV8 to 4 SATA drives?

Just wanted to check before taking the plunge!

They seem to be like my supermicro ones, which are forward breakout cables so they should go from your AOC-SASLP-MV8 to 4 SATA drives. But only one way to find out.

@Nyago - I looked at Monoprice first (I LOVE that place and have used them for all network / video equipment for the theatre room and the entire basement when I built it out)  but they were out of stock with an unknown ETA.  I then found the Ebay ones from a google search.

I even bought a few in wall speakers from Mono and they sound awesome especially at the price. 

@Nyago - I looked at Monoprice first (I LOVE that place and have used them for all network / video equipment for the theatre room and the entire basement when I built it out)  but they were out of stock with an unknown ETA.  . 

Well, that's probably partly my fault because I just ordered some from there last week  ;)

(I don't even have the SATA card yet but couldn't resist a good deal)

Fyi, the seller accepted my offer of $4 each for 4 cables.

I'am planning to buy 1 or 2 of those cards also in the next few weeks.

Somone over here willing to buy 2 or 4?  of those cables for me? (and ship them as gift to Belgium) Can pay trough Paypal

The cheapest online seller i could find over here in Belgium asks 25 to 30 € a piece.