'system' share set as cache:prefer, but some files in system/docker are stuck on the array

I have both docker and VMs disabled, and rebooted the server without restarting docker, yet there are docker files on /mnt/disk3/system which will not move to the cache drive when the mover is invoked. 

One of my dockers is taking an unusually long time to start up, and I'd like to eliminate this as the cause by getting this all onto the cache drive. Is there any way to force the files to move?

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

On 1/12/2023 at 11:10 AM, SimplifyAndAddCoffee said:

I have both docker and VMs disabled, and rebooted the server without restarting docker, yet there are docker files on /mnt/disk3/system which will not move to the cache drive when the mover is invoked. 

Had you disabled the docker and vm services before running mover?   These services hold files open which would prevent mover transferring them.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing can move open files. You have to disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings before these can be moved.

10 hours ago, FDMK said:

cache-only

Mover moves cache:yes shares from the designated pool to the array, and moves cache:prefer shares from the array to the designated pool. Mover ignores cache:only and cache:no shares, and it ignores any files on a pool other than the designated pool.

Mover won't replace files, so if they already exist on the destination nothing is moved and you have to figure out whether to keep the source or destination files, and delete the others.