ZFS Zpool vs BTRFS raid5 for high end NAS?

Long story short, someone wants me to build them a killer NAS with all the fixins.

The issue I am running into is that this server will be a VERY high end system, having more then the 30 drives that unraid allows in the array is highly likely. They also plan to have many users using it at once (plex), so the normal array will not be ideal from a bandwidth perspective either.

This leaves me with using BTRFS raid 5 pools or the ZFS plugin (which I have not done a tone of research on). Raid1 is not practical at this scale.

Is there any indication of when official ZFS support will be added to unraid?

Suggestions for the best option?

6 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Thanks for that, I didn't read the whole thread but looks like it is getting close? Is there any indication when it would be put into a stable release? month? 6 months? A year?

If it is semi-soon I think I will just have his collect the hardware and wait on actually setting things up until ZFS is supported. That will work a lot better.

8 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Thanks for that, I didn't read the whole thread but looks like it is getting close? Is there any indication when it would be put into a stable release? month? 6 months? A year?

If it is semi-soon I think I will just have his collect the hardware and wait on actually setting things up until ZFS is supported. That will work a lot better.

No time scales have been provided at present.