Disk 5 reporting not installed after move to parity

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi, wondering if I can get some thoughts on the below.

I installed 2 new disks into my array and tried to assign one to parity

The array would not build due to incorrect arrangement. I searched the forums and found this was a bug. Following the post I set both disks to data disks then moved one into Parity which worked really well.

However it left me with the system reporting disk 5 as not installed (It is now parity 2). This is not a huge problem, but the array reports incorrect space on the main tab now. The dashboard reports the correct number of disks.

All the drives seem to be working correctly, and reporting no errors. 

It seems as though moving disk 5 to Parity has worked but just not reporting it through the main tab. Screen shot below shows disk 5 which is now parity but still reporting space:

image.thumb.png.ab99a299aaab9fdb2ce03bb9688c3213.png

The below is from the dashboard is what I would expect:

image.png.33df12928bd7f0f5b7f2efb8022a4a0a.png

Any thoughts on how to stop disks 5s space showing would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks Jorge! Damn, I have just resynched parity. I've just had a look at the new-config pages, and in 2016 you mentioned new-config will keep all the data unless someone accidently puts a data disk in a parity drive. Is that still the case? If I select preserve current assignment, will that keep disk 5 showing as not assigned rather than parity 2 ?