Dell R520 doesn't see USB

The title tells it all, I am trying to boot into unraid on a new (to me obviously) Dell R520 but when I go into the BIOS boot menu there is no option for the USB drive. I have options for my NIC and DVD drive but nothing else pops up. I have another R520 that is in production (has upgraded CPUs and more ram) but I cannot find any differences in them. They are both running 2.9.0 for bios and are on 2.65.65.65 for iDRAC. I checked the other firmware versions I can, and nothing seems to be different or blatantly missing. I know the USB drive works becuase it will attempt to boot into unraid when I switch to UEFI before running into the dell no RAM issue that seems to still be prominent. I also attempted to do an update search through iDRAC but it wouldn't connect to the dell server which I am guessing is just because the server is older and no longer supported by dell, 

1 hour ago, RiskyKangaroo said:

when I go into the BIOS boot menu there is no option for the USB drive.

Poke around the BIOS for other boot type options, sometimes there are multiple places that reference boot, some to specify permitted devices, others to specify which one of the permitted devices to use.

Look for the list of WHICH disk to boot, not just which type of devices to boot (network, cd, removable device, hard drive).

Many times a USB stick will show up in the list of hard drives instead of removable devices.

I went back through every screen in the BIOS, iDRAC, and lifecycle controller and I am unable to see any mention of the USB being disabled. I did find that if I try to deploy an OS through the lifecycle controller (still using BIOS not EUFI) it can see the USB as an available OS media but it fails when I select finish to reboot the server and install the OS. The error given is "Unable to apply the boot mode settings for BIOS (SEC0018) Recommended Action: Exit the OS Deployment wizard and retry the operation. If the problem persists, exit Lifecycle Controller and perform an AC power cycle." 

Yes, I should have mentioned I looked for both mentions of USB and of hard drives and nothing at all. Still the only options in the BIOS boot menu are:

SATA Port E: PLDS DVD-ROM DS-8D9SH

NIC 1 Port 1 Partition 1: BRCM MBA Slot 0200 v21.6.0

There is a button to change the "Hard-Disk Drive Sequence" but it is greyed out which I am guessing is because it doesn't have any hard-disks with anything bootable on them and it isn't seeing the USB drive.