Rename the subforum "Multi-Language Section"?

mgutt

23 hours ago, mgutt said:

Google Pixel 5

I changed to "Multi-Lang Forums". Is this any better for you?

IMG_2434.pdf

On 1/19/2023 at 12:25 PM, mgutt said:

And it would be even better if the "Home" entry isn't displayed at all (as it is already part of the menu bar.

I 'm not finding a way to disable this but will keep looking.

Also, there's a 'mobile footer' that I enabled that can show a couple of icons static at the bottom. Is this useful to you?

IMG_2435.pdf

Note: above photos are off an iphone 13.

1 hour ago, SpencerJ said:

I changed to "Multi-Lang Forums". Is this any better for you?

The subforum is a little bit visible now:

Screenshot_20230121-014906.thumb.png.bf9b22000b5031d0992575d80349a9c9.png

1 hour ago, SpencerJ said:

Also, there's a 'mobile footer' that I enabled that can show a couple of icons static at the bottom. Is this useful to you?

steals a lot of the page content 👎

Screenshot_20230121-015047.thumb.png.5f5afe932a372ff6ff8657a69b9c1eaa.png

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mgutt said:

Maybe @ich777 and @alturismo have an opinion on that, too?

TBH, that's nothing that bothers me personally in any way, scrolling up/down or left/right isn't a huge issue for me.

@SpencerJ is there maybe a setting so that breadcrumbs show the current forum subsection by default, so to speak that it automatically scrolls to the right side instead of being on the left side, this would maybe solve the issue...

22 hours ago, mgutt said:

Is there a special reason for the English translation? Maybe "German / Deutsch" could be replaced against "Deutsch"?

No special reason. I have removed "German" to shorten this and hopefully improve the mobile experience. Does this help?

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

@SpencerJ is there maybe a setting so that breadcrumbs show the current forum subsection by default, so to speak that it automatically scrolls to the right side instead of being on the left side, this would maybe solve the issue...

I'm not finding these settings but will reach out to the support forums to try and find out.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to throw my idea in the ring, I would use responsive layout to show/hide breadcrumbs depending on screen width.
The easiest way to approach it is making some educated assumptions as to the "most useful" breadcrumbs to display. In general that's going to be:

Top Level > Direct Parent > Topic

This can be expanded dynamically to include each parent nest above the direct parent until we reach the top level. In the example of these multi-language subforums the "minimum" breadcrumb ribbon would be:

HOME > GERMAN > TOPIC

Unfortunately, I don't think this can be achieved with pure CSS - and would likely require jquery.

Edited by Xaero