Active Directory Issue

I’m having issues connecting to my AD, my domain name is jgi-ms.co.za, when I try connecting it can’t join the domain. I then followed the guide from http://www.eyespytechnologies.net/?p=175 and added the smb-extra.conf file which contains:

realm = jgi-ms.co.za

workgroup = jgi

Once I added the file and rebooted I could join the domain and view the unraid server in AD.

But I get the following error on the unraid server screen: chown: invalid user: ‘jgi-ms\\Administrator:jgi-ms\\Domain Users’

I presume unraid is trying to change ownership to the domain, but it can’t find the domain.

After this I did edit the share.cfg file and changed shareInitialOwner="Administrator" to my username and shareInitialGroup="Domain Users" to “Domain Admins” but this also gave a similar error.

It seems that unraid server cannot “talk” with my domain to authenticate users. I am wondering if this is caused by the domain suffix of “.co.za” and it is not a ‘single’ suffix like “.com” or “.org” as I had this issue with Eidian Firewall.

Also when I browser to the server I get a “Enter Network Password” popup and when entering my domain credentials it will not accept them.

I’m using unraid 5.0-beta9 (I tried 4.7 with the same results)

Any help will be most appreciated.

• 5 months later...