6.11.1: Plex unable to see files in folders stored on newly installed UnRaid disk

Go to solution Solved by BottleTop,

Hi all, strange one for me:

I installed a new data disk, it is part of my media share. I recently noticed that Plex cannot 'see' files that are soley written to this disk

Files written to this disk and another are recognised. If a file sits only on this disk Plex will not recognise it. 

If I change to the folder view on Plex, I can see the folder but no files are shown within the folder.

Everything works with other media stored on other disks.

I've tried changing the owner for all files to "Nobody". I can see the files if I browse in UnRaid. I've checked the permissions and the 

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

• Solution

That was harder than I thought! Please see attached, thanks.

Its media files on disk 4 I cannot see (sdd). I can see the folders just not the file. I can play the file on the source computer.

Edit: Solved-ish and removed attachments

Semi Solved:

Posted to people on Reddit which was quite active. Apparently a bug with Plex and UnRaid but not sure.

Not really a solution but one guy had exactly the same issue and resolved it by assigning the new disk to the share which didn't work for me. I tried all the usual stuff naming, mounts, permissions, turning it on and off etc. 

I completely reinstalled Plex including removing the app folder which one guy suggested. This seems to have worked but not really viable every time a disk is changed.

One guy said try TruNAS as this is a bug in Plex and Unraid that has been around for a while. However I can't check the validity of that or if it even is a bug and not my drive installation process/share management. 

Edited by BottleTop
additional information