DNS Propagation is PENDING

Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

Hello,
I am new to Unraid and currently using Unraid in the trial version. 
I have installed my first Docker container Nextcloud and now I want to make it accessible from the internet via WireGuard for my phone.
For the installation I need my Unraid URL but It seems that I have a DNS problem:

In another post I read that besides the root server I should also maintain in network settings:

IPv4 DNS server 2: 0.0.0.0

IPv4 DNS server 3: 8.8.8.8

But it didn't work for me. Can anyone please help me here?
Thank you very much in advance.

tower-diagnostics-20230121-0019.zip

• Solution
On 1/20/2023 at 4:20 PM, Island_Keeper said:

I have installed my first Docker container Nextcloud and now I want to make it accessible from the internet via WireGuard for my phone.
For the installation I need my Unraid URL but It seems that I have a DNS problem:

Hi, sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Let me start with this - if your only goal is to setup WireGuard then you don't need a myunraid.net certificate. They are not related, neither is required for the other to work.

In another post I read that besides the root server I should also maintain in network settings:

IPv4 DNS server 2: 0.0.0.0

IPv4 DNS server 3: 8.8.8.8

This is not correct.  I would remove all three DNS servers you currently have setup and simply use 8.8.8.8 as the one and only DNS server.

Cleaning up the DNS servers may be enough to resolve this. If not, please provide updated diagnostics.

Hi,

thank you so much for your support.

The problem is solved.

My understanding was that I need the certificate to be able to use the "Certificate URL" for WireGuard instead of a duckdns.org URL.

Can I use WireGuard to connect it directly to Nextcloud or do I need in addition to WireGuard the Nginx Proxy Manager to forward it to Nextcloud?

2 hours ago, Island_Keeper said:

My understanding was that I need the certificate to be able to use the "Certificate URL" for WireGuard instead of a duckdns.org URL.

You can just use the IP. Or if that changes a lot then a duckdns url would be a good choice.

2 hours ago, Island_Keeper said:

Can I use WireGuard to connect it directly to Nextcloud or do I need in addition to WireGuard the Nginx Proxy Manager to forward it to Nextcloud?

If WireGuard is setup on your server then when you are away from your house you would open a WireGuard tunnel back to your house and access the resources at your house as though you were there.