Fix to a small issue with updating OCI docker images

34 minutes ago, kcgodwins said:

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

Do you (or anyone) know why this has become an issue all of a sudden?  Just curious.

Thanks again.

Mike

What I've investigate so far, out of curiosity, and I may be wrong, cause I learned it today:

- although github registry works with both: Registry v2.2 and Open Container Initiative (OCI)

- seems like some Docker images are only with Open Container (and I dont know why or how this works), the webgui is sending the Accept header only for Registry 2.2 (see the docs)

- the changes in this thread is to add the Accept header for Open Container Initiative (see the docs)

That was my 2cents, hope it help to understand

Edited by fabricionaweb
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, kcgodwins said:

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

Do you (or anyone) know why this has become an issue all of a sudden?  Just curious.

Thanks again.

Mike

The submitted change in the GitHub PR shows that  additional manifest formats will now be accepted. The relevant documentation regarding the formats is in the code comments. Presumably some of the Docker projects have changed the format which was causing the original code to fail.

Edited by Simon
  • Thanks 1

UnraidVM.thumb.JPG.2a74f28169b95020225565e261b38e11.JPGOn

On my server it was line 448

Made the changes as suggested.

I still get the error that the update for Virt-manager is unavailable.

So what now? Or better yet, since your update broke it, You fix it.

it seems every update I've installed for Unraid breaks something.

Where is your quality control?

Edited by Vetteman
3 minutes ago, Vetteman said:

I am not patching manually. I always use Unraid app to notify me of updates and install them.

I switched from Basic View in Apps to Advanced View as suggested in another thread, and the updates for Virt-manager appeared.

Sorry for getting upset, but today it was a bit stressful.

The post about the plugin was not referencing you, but rather the community and everyone creating a script / manually patching the file.  Recipe for disaster since if / when you upgrade the OS you're going to forget that you were applying a patch manually via a script somewhere and now that patch is going to potentially cause problems whereas the plugin handles that occurrence correctly

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Squid said:

The post about the plugin was not referencing you, but rather the community and everyone creating a script / manually patching the file.  Recipe for disaster since if / when you upgrade the OS you're going to forget that you were applying a patch manually via a script somewhere and now that patch is going to potentially cause problems whereas the plugin handles that occurrence correctly

So we should use the plugin for now and then can delete it once unraid is updated to 6.12?

16 hours ago, Squid said:

image.png

HIGHLY recommended to NOT patch your docker files manually and instead use the plugin.  Patching manually means that if / when you update the OS to 6.12 any manually patches that you are applying automatically will potentially interfere with the OS and be a big pain to troubleshoot

Doesn't show up for me in Community Apps.  I'm running 6.9.2.

@Squid just installed your patch, hit the "checking for updates" button and the annoying "not available" message is gone. I'm on Unraid 6.11.5 btw. Thanks for the script.

Just for understanding, this script will be autom. deleted / disabled when updating to OS 12.5? Means, no reason for being afraid of an upcoming update?

Regards

On 1/29/2023 at 1:49 AM, Squid said:

image.png

HIGHLY recommended to NOT patch your docker files manually and instead use the plugin.  Patching manually means that if / when you update the OS to 6.12 any manually patches that you are applying automatically will potentially interfere with the OS and be a big pain to troubleshoot

I don't see this plugin in Community Apps. I'm on 6.9.2. Can it be manually installed from somewhere?