Fix to a small issue with updating OCI docker images

@Squid Not sure if the future UR update is going to handle this but there seems to be another issue where the "Update All" button will update containers that the UI says are up to date. I think the plugin patch solves the UI display but not the underlying update functionality.

Edited by aglyons
On 2/1/2023 at 6:30 AM, dada051 said:

Here, manual patching without script, is it OK?

I believe it was stated that on reboot it gets overwritten, hence why it says not to use scripts. so if you changed it manually you can just install this plugin so it will do it for you and stop once you upgrade as it is made to work up to version 6.11.5 and not anything newer.

On 2/6/2023 at 10:12 AM, aglyons said:

@Squid Not sure if the future UR update is going to handle this but there seems to be another issue where the "Update All" button will update containers that the UI says are up to date. I think the plugin patch solves the UI display but not the underlying update functionality.

I'm not seeing that behaviour

Hello,

I had already manually installed the checkmk docker, before I install the docker.patch plugin. Now, Unraid continuously tells me that there is an update available for it. When I try to update it, I get this error: "Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?". Is there any way to go back and create a configuration file for the plugin so I can upgrade it via Unraid?

But I can still download and install all docker images and plugins in the app market. I don't only have issues requesting versions for docker, but also for plugins. If something on my network would block it, i'd seen it. I have not changed my network config for quite a while now. Only updated my unraid with all it's features that wanted to be updated.

On 2/9/2023 at 1:33 AM, luckyheiko said:

i installed the plug in and restart the unraid server

but still the same issue

grafik.png.0629ccbcf7313d16812e1366d783fc1a.png

On 2/9/2023 at 7:49 AM, W0nderW0lf said:

Just installed the patch and rebooted.

Glad I am not the only one with this problem. Same as @luckyheiko I cannot get updates.

After installing the patch plugin initially it was saying some images not available, but after "force update" on both of them updates have worked ever since. I would try doing force update.

to make it a little easier for those, one liner to copy+paste to update (and guarded so even if you run it multiple times it wont mangle the line)

sed -i "s#distribution.manifest.v2+json'#distribution.manifest.v2+json,application/vnd.oci.image.index.v1+json'#" /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey, I know it's likely not related to the docker patch... but ever since I installed this plugin, my internet keeps disconnecting on my unraid server. No other devices on the lan are losing internet. I can still ssh / access the web gui locally. I can get internet back up my doing a ping or some kind of web request, and then it'll get connectivity, but it loses it CONSTANTLY! This all started after I installed this plugin, though that doesn't mean it's the culprit. The worst part is that nothing is showing up in my logs... no eth0 / network events, so I can't even see what's causing it. I know everyone will be quick to point out my network, but my IPTV and mobile phones / main PC never lose internet. I am using the internet right this moment while the server has issues pinging 1.1.1.1.

Let me know if anyone has run into this. 

It's just strange because it's only my unraid server that fails, I have a continuous ping on my gaming pc and 2nd server (ubuntu), no problems there. It's driving me mad. I posted on reddit and one other person is having the same issue, but he's having trouble tracking down the origin. What can I do to get some help? Can I pay somebody? 

22 minutes ago, Squid said:

No.  I'm tired of answering the same questions about why update checks show up as unavailable so put a test into FCP to see if the plugin is installed and point you to it in Apps if it isn't

Sorry— 🎶it’s me, I’m the problem, it’s me. I was just trying to confirm if this and the “Fix Common Problems” were going to conflict. 🥹