Help Troubleshooting - 6.11.5 Poweredge R510

galactus-diagnostics-20230124-1449.zipHey all - I am having some trouble with my unraid server and I need some help troubleshooting.  I'm not sure where to start, given how it is behaving.

Every few weeks, the SMB mappings just stop, that usually alerts me to the server being inaccessible.  I usually have to run down and reboot it.  Sometimes the interface is accessible, most the time it is not.  In all cases, a reboot has been able to fix it.  I had some issues with the cache drive being full, i fixed that a few month ago, but the problem persists.

I don't see anything meaningful in the log of unraid, I don't see any failures in the DRAC.

Are there some diagnostics that I can start with in order to try and get this corrected?  It may be hardware related and just plain ready to die.

Thanks all!galactus-diagnostics-20230124-1449.zip

Edited by ledfortr
  • 2 weeks later...

syslog

Uploaded syslog file attached.

When it rebooted this morning, the file system didn't mount and the cache pool had to be reenabled by selecting one of the drives.  I also had to format it.  I'm wondering if one of the two disks in the cache pool are giving me issues.

Usually when I  problem arises, I know about it from my access to shared drives from unraid.  In this case, I wasn't able to download anything.  I logged on to unraid and was going to do use the fix permissions tool as this has happened before and a reboot brought eveyrthing back.

Let me know if anyone can gain insight on my problem. 

Thanks!

One of your cache devices dropped offline:

ptr=0x55ddebf86500,id=0,addr=ipv4:192.168.1.75:58538. Terminating
Feb  7 02:52:35 Galactus kernel: sd 1:0:5:0: Power-on or device reset occurred
Feb  7 02:52:57 Galactus kernel: btrfs_dev_stat_print_on_error: 21 callbacks suppressed
Feb  7 02:52:57 Galactus kernel: BTRFS error (device sdj1: state EA): bdev /dev/sdc1 errs: wr 8, rd 24, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0
Feb  7 02:52:57 Galactus kernel: BTRFS error (device sdj1: state EA): bdev /dev/sdc1 errs: wr 8, rd 25, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0
Feb  7 02:53:02 Galactus kernel: BTRFS error (device sdj1: state EA): bdev /dev/sdc1 errs: wr 8, rd 26, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0

Check/replace cables, also a good idea to use the onboard SATA controller for the SSDs if possible.

• 2 weeks later...