ZFS on Unraid pretty pls

BAZOOKAPANDA

Not sure if this has been requested yet, if it has, apologies. I don't mean to be pushy😂

Anyway as the title says, I would love to be able to configure ZFS pools

I know there is a ZFS plugin my it just makes me nervous, and there is a lot of fiddling. On TrueNAS Core/Scale it is so easy just a few clicks.

Additionally, I have been running TrueNAS Scale as a work around but the network configuration gets a little complicated

(For example),

I have a Windows PC with two network ports (1GBe + 2.5GBe), My Unraid server has the same (2 10GBe ports) I have the 2.5 and a 10 connected together but taking advantage of this for my TrueNAS VM is not so straight forward and considering especially because ZFS can use ram as a write cache it feels like a missed opportunity

I really think this would be a useful feature for many people, it seems like it would just complete Unraid as a server operating system and I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

2 minutes ago, BAZOOKAPANDA said:

Not sure if this has been requested yet, if it has, apologies. I don't mean to be pushy😂

Anyway as the title says, I would love to be able to configure ZFS pools

I know there is a ZFS plugin my it just makes me nervous, and there is a lot of fiddling. On TrueNAS Core/Scale it is so easy just a few clicks.

Additionally, I have been running TrueNAS Scale as a work around but the network configuration gets a little complicated

(For example),

I have a Windows PC with two network ports (1GBe + 2.5GBe), My Unraid server has the same (2 10GBe ports) I have the 2.5 and a 10 connected together but taking advantage of this for my TrueNAS VM is not so straight forward and considering especially because ZFS can use ram as a write cache it feels like a missed opportunity

I really think this would be a useful feature for many people, it seems like it would just complete Unraid as a server operating system and I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

• Like 1