Is there a way to get notifcation only for the whole unraid array instead of specific disk?

Beware of what you are asking. Unraid is not raid, the array is not one homogenous store but rather just a management layer for JBOD. So, if a disk is full, it's possible for writes to fail if your allocation policy drives writes to that disk, even if other disks have enough free space

Edited by apandey
On 1/26/2023 at 9:14 PM, trurl said:

I have to question why you want this anyway. Each disk is an independent filesystem. You want to know when each disks gets too full.

Do you have Minimum Free setup for each of your User Shares?

I don't have Minimum Free setup for any of my shares. They share the array and I cannot think of why I want to do it unless I restrict certain shares to certain disks.

Yes, I want to know when one disk gets too full (e.g. 90%) but this is different from the whole array gets too full. Take an extreme example, I have 10T disk and one 1T disk. When the 1T disk gets 90% full, I may have plenty of spaces left on the 10T disk. Why would I be concerned about 1T disk being 90% full?

The reason why I am asking this question is to prepare for future upgrade. In my particular case, I have a backup server which has less space than my main server. So I need to know the right time to clean up my main server or expand my backup server, etc. In this case, I am only concerned with the array size instead of individual disk size.

1 hour ago, youngfish said:

I don't have Minimum Free setup for any of my shares.

You should set Minimum Free for each of your shares to larger than the largest file you expect to write to the share. This is the best way to avoid being concerned about how full an individual disk is, and the only way that has any effect on whether Unraid tries to write to a disk that is too full.

On 1/30/2023 at 11:46 PM, trurl said:

You should set Minimum Free for each of your shares to larger than the largest file you expect to write to the share. This is the best way to avoid being concerned about how full an individual disk is, and the only way that has any effect on whether Unraid tries to write to a disk that is too full.

Makes sense. Thanks for the advice.