UD preclear logs available in unraid?

kirkyg

So i have recently setup proxmox and installed UD in a VM.  Everyone was moving along smoothly...my setup is as follows:

Guest has 2 cores and 4gb of ram

Passed through lsi HBA card with a 12tb and 14tb drives (WD schucked easystore drives)

UD is running off a 64gb samsung usb passed through as well

default nvme virtual disk of 10g created when vm was created (unused - i have since removed this disk)

I ran preclear process on both drives and it completed the write process successfully after about 20 hours and then it started the read portion (part 4) and was moving along just fine.  I went to bed last night and when i woke up my unraid VM was shutdown.  So i looked at the logs and saw an error increment early this morning related to the nvme storage which isn't mounted or being used (not sure what that's about).

I can't tell any specific reason that the vm shutdown and im just learning how to read all this so thats that.  Back to unraid - I'm trying to understanding if it shutdown before or after my drives completed the preclear read.  Based on the time it should have finished the read process well before the timestamp of the error if that had anything to do with unraid VM shutting down.

-My first specific question is how can I view logs on the preclear process; what i see in shown in the attached jpg file it is not mountable and it looks like it wants me to run preclear again?

-My second question is for those that run their's in proxmox is there a straight forward way to see why the VM shutdown granted that it was a 12 hour period that it could have actually shutdown

I can provide logs or whatever just walk me through exactly what to capture.  Thanks in advance!

kirkyg

UDpreclear.jpg

Well after some digging i realized that under tools it has a preclear view on the drives and based on this it looks like it was successfully precleared atleast based on status (see attached image).  I tried to view the logs and download the logs as well and they are blank for preclearing.  Is it normal for it to clear the logs once its successful and/or once a reboot of the machine/vm happens?

UDPreclearedstate.jpg

2 hours ago, kirkyg said:

Well after some digging i realized that under tools it has a preclear view on the drives and based on this it looks like it was successfully precleared atleast based on status (see attached image).  I tried to view the logs and download the logs as well and they are blank for preclearing.  Is it normal for it to clear the logs once its successful and/or once a reboot of the machine/vm happens?

UDPreclearedstate.jpg

Logs are stored on the flash drive (/flash/preclear reports/) and are only removed if the user deletes them.  If you are using the preclear docker, the logs are not stored.