Windows Server 19

9 hours ago, GRRRRRRR said:

Error message screenshot ?

Cuando creas una máquina virtual solo te deja escoger un "Network Source", aunque tengas dos bound o 8 puertos ethernet; tengo 4 ethernet en el servidor y otros 4 en una tarjeta pci, pero no se detecta "otros dispositivos PCI"

imagen.png

Actualmente tengo bound 0 para salida a internet y da igual como ponga los 4 puertos ethernet restantes ya que win server 19 no me lo detecta

imagen.png

En el server siempre me pone como red disponible el bound0, no me da más opciones

imagen.png

Edited by keves
reedit

It's trivial bro. Remove some NICs from the bonding on the host (unRAID) and add the freed NIC to the VM to be available as second NIC on the Guest VM (W2019)

This can be done by PCI-e passthrough, if the host has vt-d technology.

If it does not have that you can setup a secondary bonding on the host to add a virtual NIC on the Guest.

If you have ICMP Ping you can have AD working.

But that's child play, why do you want to do this on the unRAID machine? Wouldn't it be better to do this on the Clouds free tiers?

No business is going to ask you to sedup AD on unRAID for them, it's risky. They like the TCO of the clouds.

Edited by GRRRRRRR
1 hour ago, GRRRRRRR said:

It's trivial bro. Remove some NICs from the bonding on the host (unRAID) and add the freed NIC to the VM to be available as second NIC on the Guest VM (W2019)

If it does not have that you can setup a secondary bonding on the host to add a virtual NIC on the Guest.

But that's child play, why do you want to do this on the unRAID machine? Wouldn't it be better to do this on the Clouds free tiers?

No business is going to ask you to sedup AD on unRAID for them, it's risky. They like the TCO of the clouds.

Yo estoy usando mi unraid como laboratorio.

Entraré en bios a ver si localizo lo que tu me dices

On 2/8/2023 at 11:04 AM, GRRRRRRR said:

imagen.png.b34bfdff890a444cc6e098a75626cdc1.png

No me da la opción de escoger dispositivo PCI pese a cambiar features por idrac

imagen.png.bcb46a3714d6add64b710e375ae5fa40.png

La placa reconoce perfectamente la pci con 4 bocas ethernet

PCIe passthrough may not be available, due to some reasons something having to do with sharing memory or something.

Is that one PCI-e device with 4 ethernet ports ?

In this case you can try adding another PCI-e device for that passthrough, that you want to do.

Personally I like minimal processing. If passthrough will save CPU cycles, I want to do it. Sometimes I do testing, and in the end use separate device in production.

58 minutes ago, GRRRRRRR said:

PCIe passthrough may not be available, due to some reasons something having to do with sharing memory or something.

Is that one PCI-e device with 4 ethernet ports ?

In this case you can try adding another PCI-e device for that passthrough, that you want to do.

Personally I like minimal processing. If passthrough will save CPU cycles, I want to do it. Sometimes I do testing, and in the end use separate device in production.

El servidor tiene 4 ethernet y la pci-e tiene 4 ethernet, un total de 8 ethernet.

No veo la necesidad de comprar otra tarjeta de red

Yo solo tengo un equipo que soporte esta config (10 cores + 128Gb de ram), entonces tengo que hacer pruebas con un equipo que está en producción.

Lo que no entiendo es como sólo puedo usar un ethernet para la máquina virtual

Saludos

In this case what you can do is to passthrough the whole PCI-e device including all it's subcomponents - all four ports.

So basically all four ethernets that are on the same PCI-e PCB.

ninguno disponible - none available

Boot ESXi on the machine and check if the passthrough works on ESXI

if it works on ESXi and not on unRAID then ask the unRAID dudes in General support however this time use translators on your end to speed up the process.

4 hours ago, GRRRRRRR said:

In this case what you can do is to passthrough the whole PCI-e device including all it's subcomponents - all four ports.

Pero no me reconoce la pci-e de ethernet

imagen.png

Boot ESXi on the machine and check if the passthrough works on ESXI

Eso no se lo que es, solo dispongo de boot como bios o como euefi

imagen.png

Existe bound0 que corresponde a los puertos ethernet que tiene el servidor y bound4 que son los puertos correspondientes a la pcie

imagen.png.522a7190296e9e566f198135be61c030.png

• 2 weeks later...

Buenas,

Yo no tengo tantas tarjetas de red y no podria ayudarte. Pero como te ha comentado el compañero igual puedes iniciar la pregunta en el foro general que seguro que ahi si puedes encontrar mas gente que en este foro especifico en español donde te puedan dar respuesta a tu caso concreto.

Espero que encuentres mas respuestas. Y si decides formular la pregunta en el foro general y obtienes la solucion podria ser buena idea que la comentes aqui para futuros usuarios que se encuentren con el mismo problema.

Un saludo.